Pet Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Default Pet Insurance

Hi to all my dear dog owners,
I need to purchase pet insurance and have narrowed down companies to VPI, Trupanion, Embrace, and AKC. Do any of you who have pet insurance have a recommendation fr which might plan might be best?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM

I have trupanion. I know quite a few people who have had to use it and have been pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make a claim. They pay 90% of any claims excluding office visit and well checkups. Very pleasant people and very quick payouts. My vet read over the policy and said it was the best one he had seen
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Petco, Hi! Ill share my experience. I have had Petsbest now for three years and they are amazing! They pay out claims quickly, and the reps are the best when I call. Ill be honest I had another company and had nothing but hassles. Let me remind you ofmone thing on VPI it is customsry charges, so they have a set schedule. When you have a set schedule, 99pct of the time, the fees are so low and out of date, you will see little back. Example your vet charges $64 for a visit in Milwaukee, VPI says they should charge $32, which may have been so 10 years ago. Trust me, all my animals are with Petsbest, do yourself a favor, go with them. The rates are some of the best and they offer 5 pct. off many plans, making it even cheaper. Also look at ratings on other sites, you will see Petsbest consitently rates high, VPI very bottom, AKC has a horrible record, and Trupanion in the middle. You can email me with questions!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Hi Petco: The only company on your list that I've tried is VPI - which I would never endorse based on my experiences with horrible customer care, low reimbursements, and tons of paperwork to even get the amount they pay. I would, however, recommend that you go in a different direction and try PetsBest. This company has made it possible for me to sleep at night knowing that if I need to treat any of my five cats (gulp!), they will be there to support me financially. I never have to worry about having to make the decision to not diagnose or treat any of my pets' issues because I know that PetsBest will reimburse me within days of any claim I make if it is a medically recommended treatment. This insurance company shines above the others in its compassion, customer care, efficiency, and responsiveness to clients. They are friendly and helpful in all situations, and have yet to be anything but helpful to me in getting my claims processed if my vet or I leave out anything on the claim forms. They e-mail me directly when a claim is received; let me know that it is being processed; and then e-mail me again when they have direct-deposited the money into my bank account. I honestly could not ask for anything more from an insurance company. I only wish my own was this good! PetsBest rates are very fair and competitive; their policies are clear; and their reimbursement practices are above honest. Each of my cats now has their own policy and I have insured them to the max so that, hopefully, I never have to decide to not treat one of my cat companions due to an inability to pay for the skyrocketing costs of veterinary medicine. If you need more specific advice on reimbursement amounts, timing, etc., I am available through e-mail. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Default Thank you

Thank you for the responses to my inquiry regarding pet insurance. The comments and suggestions were helpful.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.