Pets that need new home

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Default Pets that need new home

Some people can no longer care for their pets is there people who help them Place these pets with other Villagers looking to adopt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Default Your post is a bit confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLinn View Post
Some people can no longer care for their pets is there people who help them Place these pets with other Villagers looking to adopt?

It does not state if you have pets you hope someone will adopt. If, you would like to adopt someone elses pet that they can no longer care for. Or, if you are trying to find/start such a group.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 PM

We recently lost our pet of 16 years. Would rather adopt than shop

Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 PM

Completely understand what you are saying. Many seniors in The Villages who can no longer take care of their pets due to recent illness or making that decision where they need to go into assisted living. This is especially hard if there are no family that can take care of you pets. Many end up surrending then to shelters with hope they will be adopted into another loving home. Some do their best to finds neighbors to maybe take their pets. Tough situation to be in.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:12 PM

Lost Pets Of The Villages Public Group | Facebook
Take a look at this site. It's a Villages Facebook site
Good luck
Old 07-19-2018, 04:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLinn View Post
We recently lost our pet of 16 years. Would rather adopt than shop

Hi TRLinn, I am copying information from a post by Volunteer Claudia who posted this on TOTV a couple of weeks ago:

"Let freedom ring for all adoptable pets to find a loving forever home! The Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County is offering a $25 discount on all adoption fees from July 5th through the end of the month to celebrate our nation's independence. The no-kill shelter's adoptable dogs and cats as well as those available from Sumter County Animal Services would love to have the liberty of knowing they will have a forever family to call their own.

Visit the many adoptable dogs and cats at the shelter or cats always showcased at Petco of Lady Lake and Petsmart of Oxford/The Villages. In addition, there will be two upcoming special adoption events: Saturday, July 7th at Petco where dogs will be present from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in addition to the cats normally available; and Friday, July 20th, dogs will be at Laurel Manor Rec. Center's gazebo in The Villages from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, weather permitting.

July is the month to take advantage of this lower adoption fee. And your newly adopted pet will celebrate their new found freedom that comes with a forever home: freedom to have unconditional love.

The Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill shelter helping animals in need throughout Sumter County, Florida. Donations directly help to cover the cost of saving, treating, and caring for neglected, abused and abandoned animals. Learn more about the HS/SPCA at hsspca.org, 352-793-9117, on Facebook or at the shelter located at 994 CR 529A, in Lake Panasoffkee, Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm and Sat. 8am-4pm. Visitors are always welcome!
"

I hope you find a new pet soon!
Old 07-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

A lot of folks post here and other Villages’ public forums when they have older pets that need adopting. Don’t know if there is a formal group. I wish you the best whether you’re looking to adopt or trying to find a new home for a beloved animal.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

You don't say what kind of pet you want--big small, old, young, dog or cat. If it's a dog you are looking for, I know that you would be able to trust a group like Poodles 'n Pooches to give you the straight story on the backgrounds of their available dogs. Do you feel that a pet who is turned in because the owner couldn't care for it might have fewer problems than a pet who was abandoned or turned in because it had behavioral problems and therefore someone was unwilling to care for it? If so, I would contact Susan Gros (her number is in TV phone book) about this rescue organization.

I have found that the groups who work through a fostering system come to know the personality traits of the animals better than, say, a shelter, because these dogs are living full time with people until they are adopted.

Just some thoughts...

Last edited by CFrance; 07-19-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 AM

Thank you Cfrance. Good advice

Tags
pets, people, villagers, place, adopt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.