I found my Heart

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Default I found my Heart

We lost our little guy 13 months ago and have had a large hole in our hearts all this time. Today we came home with, not a replacement, but a way to both respect his passing with the love we had for him by giving that love to another special family member. Although unsure at the the time of adoption, just 8 hours later, we are both for sure we did the right thing. I feel that special love coming back into my heart that has been absent for 13 months. If your grieving for the loss of a four legged family member, honor that pet by jumping in again. I know already, we will not regret doing so.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

Would love to see a picture of the new baby.... so happy for you...and it!!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I remember when your little guy died. He was around 17? and used to eat an egg in the morning. I'm very glad you've found someone new.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I remember when your little guy died. He was around 17? and used to eat an egg in the morning. I'm very glad you've found someone new.
Thank you for that memory. He was 18 & 1/2. I am trying, but no luck on posting a new avatars. I think the pictures I have has to many MB's. Mr Busters ashes and memories will go with me to my grave. He was so wonderful, but it's time to Shair my love with another special being. Dogs are so very special.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:21 PM

Such good news. Congratulations on your new addition. I couldn't live without my fur babies.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

I'll add my congratulations as well. May your new friend bring as much joy to you as you will to him/her.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

When you lose your baby only you can know when the time is right. We too found our new babies and never regretted new dogs in the family.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
When you lose your baby only you can know when the time is right. We too found our new babies and never regretted new dogs in the family.
You are so right. Our vet gave us notice of Mr. Busters heart condition in 2011, so we were stressed for three years, but really could not come to terms with the inevitable. It caused me to experience depression and incredible sadness when he passed. I made the statement then that I would never go through that pain again. Time and lots of reflection on the love I had for buster, finally eroded the pain allowing us the strength to adopt again. Just today I took the leap and I feel renewed and see a wonderful life ahead with Lucy. Please don't wait, find a new dog to love, it will bring back your life as well as give a chance for a rescue animal. I would like to thank all rescue facilities for the wonderful service they provide us.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm happy for both you and Lucy. Please let us know about Lucy and how you found her. I enjoy a love story.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I'm happy for both you and Lucy. Please let us know about Lucy and how you found her. I enjoy a love story.
We decided about three months ago to adopt again. We also agreed that we would not go to a breeder. So through a rescue, we put in our application, got approved and like a miracle, the rescue person that took our case, informed us of a puppy. I asked why would a rescue have a puppy? She told us that they got word that a breeder in Talahassee was closing her bussiness and wanted to have her dogs put up for adoption. Well, one was pregnant and was turned over to a foster volunteer near Jacksonville. Our little girl was brought into the world via cicerian on 5/14/2015 and was now ready for adoption. We drove up to see her, fell in love immediately and completed the adoption. I think Mr. Buster had a paw involved in this miracle.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm so happy for you and Lucy. Opening your heart and your home is a wonderful way to honor Buster. Lucy is a very lucky girl.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-25-2015, 03:29 AM

so happy for you.. I'm sure Buster's tail is wagging!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:30 AM

I put my sweet dauschund down Thursday because his liver failed. I am really grieving. I know I'll be OK but damn...
tell Lucy welcome from me.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
I put my sweet dauschund down Thursday because his liver failed. I am really grieving. I know I'll be OK but damn...
tell Lucy welcome from me.
I am so sorry for your pain. You will feel better with time, but the loss will be with you forever. It took me a year to open my home and heart to Lucy. It was recommended that I choose a different color so we went from black/grey Mr. Buster to pue white Lucy.
I wish the best for you.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:52 AM
Gold member

Ah, Grandfinch, I am so pleased for you. I remember when your other precious baby passed, and felt your grief. Our Little Bear, adopted by us when he was 12, also had heart failure as well as kidney disease. (we knew that when we adopted him, but he was about to be put down) We had him for 3 wonderful years, and he gave us much more than we felt we gave him. He was well loved, and spent his remaining years in a happy home. Our newest baby, Jaspar, is also helping to fill the hole in our hearts left by Bear's passing. Every day is an adventure, and from my own experience, I know you will come to love your new baby more with each passing day.
Closed Thread

Tags
love, time, special, member, family, heart, months, absent, coming, thing, feel, back, loss, regret, doggie, a040, legged, honor, jumping, pet, grieving, respect, passing, replacement, large

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.