pic of feral kitten

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsned View Post
Those cats can spread disease and they kill the wildlife. I love our birds here in the villages and the feral cats should be put down.
It would be a cold, cruel world if we killed everything we don't like.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Those cats can spread disease and they kill the wildlife. I love our birds here in the villages and the feral cats should be put down.
and if that doesn't work, take this
Old 09-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I have only a few things to say to this person: First, if you feel that way, you shouldn't be part of a pet thread. Obviously that blunt opinion of yours is not going to sway the rest of us, so keep it to yourself since it is mean. Putting a cat down just because it is born into this world homeless is wrong. Total disregard for life.
Secondly, I not only spayed this cat (from my own money) but also got it shots so it will not spread disease, which is more than I can say for the rest of the wildlife out there. As far as the birds, well I could say its the circle of life but unlike you , it seems, I care about all animals. I feed the cats every day (again, out of my own money) so they are not hunting for food.
I'm sorry you don't like what I am doing and think we should kill them because they are an annoyance to you, but I enjoy helping them. How would you feel if someone wanted to kill your dog because it was lost, or the birds you like so much, because they
were pooping on their patio?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I have only a few things to say to this person: First, if you feel that way, you shouldn't be part of a pet thread. Obviously that blunt opinion of yours is not going to sway the rest of us, so keep it to yourself since it is mean. Putting a cat down just because it is born into this world homeless is wrong. Total disregard for life.
Secondly, I not only spayed this cat (from my own money) but also got it shots so it will not spread disease, which is more than I can say for the rest of the wildlife out there. As far as the birds, well I could say its the circle of life but unlike you , it seems, I care about all animals. I feed the cats every day (again, out of my own money) so they are not hunting for food.
I'm sorry you don't like what I am doing and think we should kill them because they are an annoyance to you, but I enjoy helping them. How would you feel if someone wanted to kill your dog because it was lost, or the birds you like so much, because they
were pooping on their patio?
Well said.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM

This posting really isn't complicated: Stop for a second or two and think.

1) What this person did was take time to feed the cat(s), Her Time.

2) Took some photo's to share ( She ) did not have to do this, but she knew it would bring a smile and kind thoughts to those who viewed them.

3) Went to the Vet paid out of pocket the charges for the various shots,and check-up,again.. Her Time..Keep in mind now she did not Have to do this.

4) I find Individuals who do this sort of thing are a Rarity..what I do see and hear all to often is Individuals being Critical and in someways down right Spiteful in negative comments. Totally Uncalled For.

5) My hat goes off to the person who did this kind act. Well Done....MEOW !!!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Remember, they are DOMESTIC animals that ended up outside because of a humans neglect. People spread disease and kill wildlife. Do we put them down?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM

This kitten has a lot of Siamese in him/her. Should make an excellent pet. I would take it but already have two at home fighting for time on my lap.
We rescued a feral cat and it made the most thankful of pets.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 PM

Thank you! And might I add that quite a few people from these posts are helping or have offered to help me with these cats. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you! And might I add that quite a few people from these posts are helping or have offered to help me with these cats. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
I applaud your efforts to help these poor unwanted animals have a better life. I think you showed admirable restraint in replying to the post saying "feral cats should be killed". You took the high road and it just confirms what a special person you are.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Sage

If you're a cat lover and you really want to waste some time, google Colonel Meow. He just set a record for the cat with the longest hair. He is a combo Persian/Himalayan. He has his own Facebook Page of course. And videos on Youtube. He also tweets.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM

OK, For those who choose to go the route of being negative to a person who is genuinely trying to help animals in this case Cats I have a suggestion for you.

Search ( Google ) " Caboodle Ranch inc. " This will show you what happens when individuals take it upon themselves to figure they are doing the right thing.

What happened @ Caboodle Ranch was a disgrace and those few responsible for taken the action that they did should be ashamed of themselves.

Perhaps after you look at it you may want to pay a visit to Sweetbay.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 PM

What a beautiful cat! Yes, definitely looks Siamese and if she is friendly can probably find an adoptive home. When I do make the move down there, I will help you trap and neuter lovinganimals. Aftercare too.

Trapping and neutering has helped tremendously in my neighborhood. For years, I did it all by myself, but I saw a huge improvement when other neighbors became involved and did it too. Now instead of seeing more than a dozen strays in the neighborhood, there are only two I see on a regular basis. TNR works!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

are the kittys still at large?
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
are the kittys still at large?
Which kitties, the ones at Sweetbay? If so, then yes, I caught one and took it to the vet and released it back.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
And might I add that quite a few people from these posts are helping or have offered to help me with these cats. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
I can't help in person, I'm in Canada. But I sure applaud your efforts and am sending a donation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.