Poor dogs

Poor dogs

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

No
Old 10-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Platinum member

Default No

I do not take my dog places for attention. He gets groomed in Brownwood and I walk him at the square before and after. A couple of times a month we take him to the Farmers Market in Brownwood. He likes being out and getting petted. My intent is for him to become a therapy dog and socialization is necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSR22 For This Useful Post:

Old 10-19-2019, 12:35 PM

I bring my dog to the square occasionally and she LOVES it. Never when it’s too hot or too crowded and I always have water for her. Plenty of people stop by to say hello and it’s so much fun for her. I am considerate of people who would rather not have dogs around them so she is kept by my side and not allowed to approach anyone unless they initiate it. I enjoy seeing dogs at the squares, but wish all dog owners would be responsible. Drives me crazy to see little ones scampering around on retractable leashes while their human isn’t paying attention!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terri TVG For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Agree
Old 10-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri TVG View Post
I bring my dog to the square occasionally and she LOVES it. Never when it’s too hot or too crowded and I always have water for her. Plenty of people stop by to say hello and it’s so much fun for her. I am considerate of people who would rather not have dogs around them so she is kept by my side and not allowed to approach anyone unless they initiate it. I enjoy seeing dogs at the squares, but wish all dog owners would be responsible. Drives me crazy to see little ones scampering around on retractable leashes while their human isn’t paying attention!
I totally agree. I don't own a retractable leash I think they are dangerous.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

Any dog on a retractabl leash, is NOT under control.
No service dog will be on a retractable leash, unlike some you see on one, and with a Service Dog jacket.
Truly pees me off, and I always confront such owners.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Two Bills For This Useful Post:
Retractable Leashes
Old 10-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Platinum member

Default Retractable Leashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Any dog on a retractabl leash, is NOT under control.
No service dog will be on a retractable leash, unlike some you see on one, and with a Service Dog jacket.
Truly pees me off, and I always confront such owners.
Retractable leashes are unsafe. I use to own a dog business and did not allow prong collars or retractable leashes.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:43 PM
Gold member

Sometimes you have to take your dogs to places where you know some people will not like it. I’ve never had someone kick my dogs or yell at me for brining them so far. But I have had some close encounters. Some people take it personally, it’s either their place or it’s for pets. Fearful people, just like fearful pets, are the hardest to deal with. I wouldn’t bring my woofies to the squares when there are a lot of people, first of all because I wouldn’t want anyone to accidentally step on their delicate paws.
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I do not take my dog places for attention. He gets groomed in Brownwood and I walk him at the square before and after. A couple of times a month we take him to the Farmers Market in Brownwood. He likes being out and getting petted. My intent is for him to become a therapy dog and socialization is necessary.
Your forgot to mention also allows him to enter restaurants stores lodging establishments all with out question
Old 10-20-2019, 07:45 AM
Platinum member

Therapy dogs do not have access to restaurants, supermarkets or stores that do not allow dogs. He will be visitng patients in nursing homes and hospitals.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:24 AM
Sage

We are all a bunch of strongly opinionated people who like to argue.

We have cats. They told us they don't want to go to the squares. They even said, "Absolutely NOT".

We all three enjoy dogs and cats and truly enjoy seeing dogs at the squares. I think furries are very good for people as we get better.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
WELCOME and don't worry. Everybody loves their dogs here as it's always a designer dog show around town. Dogs are #1 (well, #2 also ). How many dog bakeries are there vs people bakeries? Dogs must be like people because very often there are cute little dogs with ribbons, skirts, boots and even sunglasses sitting their cute little butts ON the tables in front of Starbucks at LSL where lots of us actually use the table for food. They get driven around in baby carriages that cost as much as a semester in college. Last year there even was a pig on a leash at Brownwood. Likely more dogs than people. No one mistreats dogs here.

(written mostly with tongue in cheek)
Another reason I NEVER go to Starbucks

Tags
dogs, stupid, people, dog, water