Re: Pet Limit

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned
Smile Barking Dogs

Barking Dogs should not tolerated anytime day or night and don't have to be. I am an animal lover and it is never the fault of the dog. It is always poor/lazy training on the part of the owner.
I am an advocate of the bark collar but it should be fitted to the owner not the dog.

Tom
Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Us G's have cats but love dogs too. We have two cute ones next door. Doesn't seem like they bark now that they know us. One is a young fella (mixed breed)and the other is a Jack Russell.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Some of you are being given bad advice here, We were told that barking dogs will not be tolerated and animals cannot exceed knee high ...If these guidelines are not adhered to and are reported , they will be immediately addressed...........
What ever that means..........

So lets be careful out there......

fumar
Old 11-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Luckily my cockatiels and the parakeet are not even ankle high, and the cats barely higher so I guess I'm alright. "Immediately addressed" sounds a little scary.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Some of you are being given bad advice here, We were told that barking dogs will not be tolerated and animals cannot exceed knee high ...If these guidelines are not adhered to and are reported , they will be immediately addressed........... What ever that means.......... So lets be careful out there...... fumar
Fumar, I bet the greyhounds and great danes are shaking in their boots.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Default Number of Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouma1938 View Post
Can anyone tell me if small birds, (cockatiels and parakeets) count in the 2 pet limit. Seems to me like they shouldn't as they are in cages and don't go out and bother people. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks, Barbara
Barbara:
Here's the paragraph from the Sumter County Restrictions regarding pets:

2.23 Birds, fish, dogs and cats shall be permitted, with a maximum of two (2) pets per Homesite. Each Owner shall
be personally responsible for any damage caused to dedicated or reserved areas by any such pet and shall be responsible to immediately
remove and dispose of any excrement of such pet and shall be responsible to keep such pet on a leash. No other animals, livestock, or poultry
of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any Homesite or on dedicated or reserved areas.

I hope this is helpful
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM

Barbara,

The language posted by RWCW (above) is the same language as I found in the Deed Covenants for my section and to which I agreed when I bought here. Each section has its own Deed Covenants, but they are all similar.

If a rule is not in the Deed Covenants, it may be difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, if it even exists.

Based upon my Deed Covenants, I agreed to a rule on the number of pets, but not on size.

FWIW,

John
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.