Rio Grand unofficial dog park

Rio Grand unofficial dog park

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
???? Using property that is not posted and has a welcoming access point is not trespassing. It is an open field with no homes and is used by the owner(s) for nothing but harvesting hay bails. I have had several occasions to converse with the very friendly folks operating the equipment used to make the big rolls of hay. A couple of them even asked if they could pet my dog. That my friend is not trespassing!
My back yard doesn't have any postings warning people to keep away. It also has a walkway leading to it from the road through the driveway. If you decide you want to come through the "welcoming access point" to my "not posted" back yard, you will be trespassing.

Everyone who uses my back yard as a walk-through to the neighbor's house, will be trespassing. The only difference between trespassing on my back yard and trespassing in that field, is that I am likely to press charges and the dead property owner of the field is not.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
???? Using property that is not posted and has a welcoming access point is not trespassing. It is an open field with no homes and is used by the owner(s) for nothing but harvesting hay bails. I have had several occasions to converse with the very friendly folks operating the equipment used to make the big rolls of hay. A couple of them even asked if they could pet my dog. That my friend is not trespassing!
You are so wrong.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been to this area? Speculation without first hand knowledge is dangerous, actual observations from people who frequent this property carries much more credible weight.
Spell it out for me real slowly what I said that was incorrect. If it is/was private property a non-owner has no right to go onto the property, that is trespassing. I don't have to have "been there" to make that determination. From the posts on this subject it appears that the land is privately owned.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
If it was not sanctioned then why did they have an opening in the fenced area allowing access knowing exactly what people (and their dogs) where using the property for? In fact, several times I used the property and was given a friendly wave from the community watch person hanging out in the parking lot.
The Community Watch driver that goes thru our village always waves......they are friendly.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Probably a tenant with no authority to allow or deny access.
Would it have made any difference if they had not been friendly?
Old 06-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Sage

Fact Sheet on Gopher tortoise | North Florida ESO Jacksonville

This is a 20 acre plus area of field just south of the Rio Grande Pool and Mail Center.

I had heard that the Gopher Tortoises that are in that field MAY have had something to do with these various properties not being sold.

They do have large burrows in that field.

I used to take Sport there back around 2007- 2014 once in a while for some variety. There were a lot of regulars there. People who used that field about every day. Some of them are Talk of the Villages members even if I do not remember them posting in quite some time. Sport passed in 2014 and we got Beau who needs a leash or a fenced in field. This field is not fenced in except for a decorative fence on one side.

Unless they have made changes. I have not been in that field since 2014.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-15-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

After having four dogs prior to retirement, we didn’t replace our last one because we wanted to travel and didn’t think it was fair to the dog for us to be gone for long periods of time. Also, didn’t want the responsibility either. Our dogs always were fenced, trained and had fairly large yards to roam. Obviously, that is not the case in retirement communities such as TV. Dog parks are a nice alternative when you don’t have a larger yard to keep your dog. OP, the area you describe probably needs a dog park. Perhaps some of that property could be purchased for one. Just thinking out loud.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
After having four dogs prior to retirement, we didn’t replace our last one because we wanted to travel and didn’t think it was fair to the dog for us to be gone for long periods of time. Also, didn’t want the responsibility either. Our dogs always were fenced, trained and had fairly large yards to roam. Obviously, that is not the case in retirement communities such as TV. Dog parks are a nice alternative when you don’t have a larger yard to keep your dog. OP, the area you describe probably needs a dog park. Perhaps some of that property could be purchased for one. Just thinking out loud.
That is a good idea. Paradise Dog Park is close but is quite small. Dog Parks
Old 06-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage

I don't live near the Rio Grande pool and I don't own a dog. I simply want to correct misinformation that has been posted. So, here goes ...

Look at the attachment. It is a screenshot from a Lake County website.

-- The pool and the field south of it are in Lake County.
-- The pool is under the 3606779 label.
-- The big field actually consists of many small parcels. The parcel boundaries are shown by the lines.
-- Most of the parcels are owned by The Villages. However, some are owned by various private individuals.
-- I did not look at every parcel. However, of those that I looked at, no private individual owns more than one parcel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rio Grande area.pdf (570.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Florida Trespass Statute:

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Tags
dog, area, villages, grand, access