Rio Grand unofficial dog park

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,514
Thanks: 1,858
Thanked 482 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
There are actual official dog parks. But that's what confounds me. Knowing that there is an actual official sanctioned dog park nearby that they can take their dogs to, why would they choose to trespass on private property instead? And then get upset when they're told they can't do that anymore?
This is a field without any real fencing around it to speak of and people have been taking their dogs there for probably the last 20 years if not more.

And most of the Villages' area dog parks leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-16-2019 at 07:34 PM.
  #47  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 421
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This is a field without any real fencing around it to speak of and people have been taking their dogs there for probably the last 20 years if not more.

And most of the Villages' area dog parks leave a lot to be desired.

20 years or more???

Sounds like squatters' rights should prevail
  #48  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,514
Thanks: 1,858
Thanked 482 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
20 years or more???

Sounds like squatters' rights should prevail
They might have an argument but it probably would be a weak one.

One take away from this is that the Villages needs better and more dog parks. Bigger areas for them to really run.
  #49  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:32 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,992
Thanks: 1,845
Thanked 2,054 Times in 639 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They might have an argument but it probably would be a weak one.

One take away from this is that the Villages needs better and more dog parks. Bigger areas for them to really run.
Another takeaway from this is that dog-owners need to be more responsible for the waste of their dogs. But if they don't care that they're using someone else's property for their dog's toilet, they probably aren't going to care about cleaning up after them either.

This is why sometimes you can't have nice things.
  #50  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,514
Thanks: 1,858
Thanked 482 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Another takeaway from this is that dog-owners need to be more responsible for the waste of their dogs. But if they don't care that they're using someone else's property for their dog's toilet, they probably aren't going to care about cleaning up after them either.

This is why sometimes you can't have nice things.
Most are responsible. Dogs are not always in control of their bowel movements either. Sometimes they just have to go.

This has been probably the hottest topic on TOTV-- dog poop on people's lawns.

There would be less of it with more dog parks in the Villages.
  #51  
Old 06-17-2019, 12:02 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 421
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They might have an argument but it probably would be a weak one.

One take away from this is that the Villages needs better and more dog parks. Bigger areas for them to really run.

And trees . . . . Trees! . . . . TREES!

Not for the dogs to necessarily pee on but for much-needed shade!
  #52  
Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,514
Thanks: 1,858
Thanked 482 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
And trees . . . . Trees! . . . . TREES!

Not for the dogs to necessarily pee on but for much-needed shade!
True. One thing about the Rio Grande field was that there were some nice trees at the far south side even if there would sometimes be things in them that might snatch a smaller pooch.
  #53  
Old 06-17-2019, 06:34 PM
njbchbum's Avatar
njbchbum njbchbum is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Posts: 5,253
Thanks: 728
Thanked 170 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
There are actual official dog parks. But that's what confounds me. Knowing that there is an actual official sanctioned dog park nearby that they can take their dogs to, why would they choose to trespass on private property instead? And then get upset when they're told they can't do that anymore?
__________________
Not sure if I have free time...or if I just forgot everything I was supposed to do!

  #54  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,514
Thanks: 1,858
Thanked 482 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
And trees . . . . Trees! . . . . TREES!

Not for the dogs to necessarily pee on but for much-needed shade!
Paradise Dog Park in The Villages FL - YouTube

Here is a video that shows Paradise Dog Park so you can get an idea of its size.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, area, villages, grand, access

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.