Rules for dog owners

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
Paulandjean:

I think dog owners need to be responsible, but dogs are allowed. If you want to live in a development without pets, move to a place where they are not allowed. Just ny opinion
The Villages is one of the few retirement communities in Florida that allow two dogs per household with no size limit. It is the reason we chose TV.

I agree with Mel. There are many communities that have pet restrictions. In my humble opinion, I think that people who want pet-free living would be happier there.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Default Inconsiderate dog owners.

One of the reasons i liked the villages was because every one i saw walking
their dogs had something to pick up after them with !

I liked the Daisy air gun idea, but only to be used on the 2 leg animal.

If the POOP on the stoop don"t work then smeared on the front door
should do the trick.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

No one asked me. And, I don't even have a pet. But, my 2 cents worth.
I don't think I could totally trust a person who doesn't like (in general) dogs or cats. I can understand not liking a certain breed (maybe out of fear). Or, even not liking cats because of their fur getting on everything. But, to dislike all cats and dogs, I just can't relate. Dislike how the owner doesn't respect others' property or feelings? Yes.

When I do own a home in TV, if an animal owner disrespects me and my property, I will have one conversation with him/her. If you disrespect my property a second time, I will follow you home and dump the load on your property. And, I won't even be sneaky about it .... I'll follow right behind you. I would never ... ever ... take any action against the animal!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Sage
Arrow Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
No one asked me. And, I don't even have a pet. But, my 2 cents worth.
I don't think I could totally trust a person who doesn't like (in general) dogs or cats. I can understand not liking a certain breed (maybe out of fear). Or, even not liking cats because of their fur getting on everything. But, to dislike all cats and dogs, I just can't relate. Dislike how the owner doesn't respect others' property or feelings? Yes.

When I do own a home in TV, if an animal owner disrespects me and my property, I will have one conversation with him/her. If you disrespect my property a second time, I will follow you home and dump the load on your property. And, I won't even be sneaky about it .... I'll follow right behind you. I would never ... ever ... take any action against the animal!
Well said Mickey!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post

The dogs are innocent parties and shouldn't be abused.

Any action should definitely be directed toward the irresponsible human owners. There is no excuse for disrespecting the property of others.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:14 PM

My dogs are an important part of my family. The're not the cutest,and definately not the smartest, but they have an unimagable love for my wife and I. We try our best to take care of them. We've had them since they were just weened, The owner (She was probaly like the guy who would hose down dogs or that Paula women you likes to send to uncalled for PM) was going to kill these pups we took both of them even though we already had a dog that had been with us for over 16 years. The puppies are now 3 years old next month( They are Svhuzer mix) Snowball our 16 year old dog is gone now but she is still missed. I hope the Lilly, and Bailey will have a long and heathy live, with us, and I always cleanup after my dogs! Anyone that would be mean or mistreat an animal would mistreat a kid. This just my long winded opinion.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default You know if the subject were how kids behave you would hear the same kind of commenta

This thread is typical of any subject one wants to debate. The focus of the feelings is a function of the small percent that taint the masses.
Most dog owners are responsible, but they are not the discussion point...only the minority (not race).

Well I am happy to be of the majority. Our dogs are part of our family and like the rest of our family/kids we have raised them properly.

Once again the minority sets the pace of discussion....for a minute I would think this was the political forum or a media focused discussion.

It is easy to tell....the emphasis is on what the monority (not race) do or don't do.

Usually people who do not like animals also don't especially care for many people.....at least that is what the animals tell me.

BTK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.