Sitter for yellow lab

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Default Sitter for yellow lab

I have noted some posts praising various people who have done in home pet sitting. Would anyone be willing to share what expectations they have of sitter each day and how much I could expect to pay? Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When I had my Old English, I expected the following:

1. That my dog positively adored them from the git go and would listen to them. The adoration was not problem -- Sleeper thought every human was his buddy and loved them all equally. Listening was another issue; he'd test you.

2. That they'd do more than just walk my dog -- they'd play with him, talk to him, brush him. Spend at least an hour a day with him.

3. That they'd ask the "right" questions (eating habits, things dog would not tolerate, etc.).

4. That they put the dog's needs first. Had one potential sitter tell me my dog only needed to be walked twice a day and I could save a little money since big dogs could hold it better. Sorry, I didn't want to save money, I wanted a happy, healthy dog when I got home.

5. That I was comfortable with that person being in my home.

Cost in TV seems to run from $5-10 per walk.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Wow...$5 to $10 per walk? No one I have used charges that. More like $15 and to be fair, if someone is charging $5 to $10, between time and gas, really they aren't making money, they are loosing money.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage

Ditto - closer to $12-$15
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

Grobb, did you want to know about dog walking or home pet sitting? The replies you received were for dog walking, I think. As for taking your dog to someone's home for pet sitting, you should expect to pay $20-$25/day. Prices are a little more than boarding fees, but I feel worth it to have my dog cared for on a more personal level. You could search home pet sitter on this forum as there have been several topics about recommendations, etc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.