Snow

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2021, 11:53 AM
Default Snow

First, let me state that I have not lost my "marbles". We moved here permanently in 2015 from a state that had 4 seasons (actually I thought it was 2. One season had snow and the other did not). Since that time our Golden Retriever passed and we have another large shelter dog from The Animal League in Groveland. I would like her to experience snow. I would be interested in input from anyone as to where you would go for a "snow vacation" with a big dog. We're not looking to drive to Maine, New Hampshire or New York. And "yes" I am serious. I guess in the 6 yrs we've lived here I've forgotten how much I hated snow.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
First, let me state that I have not lost my "marbles". We moved here permanently in 2015 from a state that had 4 seasons (actually I thought it was 2. One season had snow and the other did not). Since that time our Golden Retriever passed and we have another large shelter dog from The Animal League in Groveland. I would like her to experience snow. I would be interested in input from anyone as to where you would go for a "snow vacation" with a big dog. We're not looking to drive to Maine, New Hampshire or New York. And "yes" I am serious. I guess in the 6 yrs we've lived here I've forgotten how much I hated snow.
I realize you don't want an 18-24 hour drive north for snow, so you're you're going to have to go UP instead of North.

The smoky mountains in Eastern Tenn, and east of Asheville NC, at elevation get pretty decent snows, for the more southern parts of the country that is. Timing would be everything as well.

There really is no reliable snowpack south of the Mason Dixon, east of the Mississippi.
This is not to say there aren't whopper storms that come through, they do, but they are few and far between.
Closed Thread

Tags
snow, state, dog, big, vacation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.