Springdale - Mulberry Dog Park

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Default Springdale - Mulberry Dog Park

Well. Welcome to The Villages. The "friendliest town in Florida".
My husband and I took our dog to the Mulberry Dog park this morning. We've been here a month. We parked in the Springdale parking lot and got out of the car. The dog went to the grassy area to urinate. We waited until she was done and then started to walk towards the dog park. We heard someone behind us in the parking lot SCREAMING at us. We turned around to see a man that had pulled his car across the parking spaces and had jumped out of the driver's side and continued to scream "PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!".
OK. 1. Someone needs to educate the rude and ignorant man the difference between when a dog urinates and defecates and 2. We ALWAYS pick up after our dog.
Needless to say, we screamed back, "It's only "pee", but really? Is this how intelligent adults act? I understand that not everyone picks up after their dog. I also have to watch where I walk. However, if you are that nasty man from Springdale or know who he is, please tell him for me I didn't appreciate his Welcome to The Villages!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Platinum member

I feel sorry for his dog.
How would you like to have him for a daddy.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Sage

You can't put 100,000 seniors together and not expect this sort of thing - be it in The Villages or on the moon. Some people are just mean and some get meaner as they get older.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Does he live in TV??
Old 02-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
My husband and I took our dog to the Mulberry Dog park this morning. We've been here a month. We parked in the Springdale parking lot and got out of the car. The dog went to the grassy area to urinate. We waited until she was done and then started to walk towards the dog park. We heard someone behind us in the parking lot SCREAMING at us. We turned around to see a man that had pulled his car across the parking spaces and had jumped out of the driver's side and continued to scream "PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!".
OK. 1. Someone needs to educate the rude and ignorant man the difference between when a dog urinates and defecates and 2. We ALWAYS pick up after our dog.
Needless to say, we screamed back, "It's only "pee", but really? Is this how intelligent adults act? I understand that not everyone picks up after their dog. I also have to watch where I walk. However, if you are that nasty man from Springdale or know who he is, please tell him for me I didn't appreciate his Welcome to The Villages!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I feel sorry for his dog.
How would you like to have him for a daddy.
I guess he was lucky it was you he screamed at and not me. I would have been in his face face faster than you could say jack rabbit! I have found many residents here who are rude, are even more rude than anywhere else I have lived. They seem to think they are the last word.

Cisco, I feel sorry for his dog also, but I feel more sorry for his wife. He probably beats her!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
However, if you are that nasty man from Springdale or know who he is, please tell him for me I didn't appreciate his Welcome to The Villages!
Let me welcome you to The Villages.
I assure you that dog haters are in a minority here, but they do exist.

Feel sorry for the nasty man from Springdale.
He is probably a miserable sod that hates people and dogs alike, and makes life uncomfortable for everyone around him.
Just be glad you're not married to him.
If he doesn't like dogs, he is missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

I asked Lulu what she thought about this.
She told me to forgive the fool for he is the one the suffers the most living the life he does.
As you can see deep thoughts make her sleepy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	47587  

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-10-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
You can't put 100,000 seniors together and not expect this sort of thing - be it in The Villages or on the moon. Some people are just mean and some get meaner as they get older.
I used to think I could be mean but the older I get the weaker I become. LOL.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Gold member

We go to Mullberry dog park every afternoon, all the dogs get along, please come and join us!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 02-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Gold member

What a jackass.

Ignore him and know the rest of us haven't seen a psycho that bad in 4-5 or more years here.

Think of his wife being screamed at to "pick up" his dirty shorts. Some poor souls actually live that way and aren't ALLOWED by the jackass to have a dog, a much better life partner!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I asked Lulu what she thought about this.
She told me to forgive the fool for he is the one the suffers the most living the life he does.
As you can see deep thoughts make her sleepy.
I'll never look at that couch the same way again! Thanks for all the pictures.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
We have been here in the Villages almost ten years (arrived 6-2005) and I have never experienced such rudeness as this. Angry drivers occasionally but never this type of inconsideration for others that you describe. We have had dogs too since January 13, 2007.

Sorry to hear about your experiences.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Jerk! I do feel sorry for him but there is no excuse for the rude people here. There are not many of them here, I think I've run into most of them..... Just think "KARMA" and walk away from them. Or, I'll let my dog show him the difference! :-)
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is a very wise poster on this forum who keeps reminding us that the actions of a very few should not be given much importance or cause us to change our actions or views.

I present to you thousands of caring and interesting and unselfish souls who live here in this beautiful place.

It is a beautiful day in The Villages. AND thank heavens we have dogs here to make it even more beautiful.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM

Thank you all for your kindness and support.
First let me say that we have been going to the Mulberry Dog Park and the people there have been wonderful, warm and welcoming. Almost everyone has a smile and a welcome and are just very lovely. That's probably why we were so surprised about this incident.
We're not going to let that one sour grape in this beautiful vineyard make us have a less than perfect day. We've put it all behind us.

Last edited by kmspla1952; 02-11-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: remove picture
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.