Three Dogs

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Congratulations. I would bet the farm that you are gonna be fine.

Since I saw this thread this morning and now it's 9.15 PM Does That Make It Three Dog Night? Sorry. I love Dogs.
Luckily we'll never have a three dog night here. Doesn't get cold enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonenright View Post
My husband and I are very impressed with the Villages and would like to become Villagers. The problem is that we have three dogs. One of the sales agents told us that you are allowed to move in with three as long as you downsize to two when one crosses the rainbow bridge. One of our dogs is near the end of his journey and won’t be with us much longer.

I would hate to buy a house, move in, then have to sell and move out because we were reported for not being in compliance with deed restrictions.

What are your experiences with this situation?

Maybe someone would like to “adopt” one of them with the understanding that we will dog sit them continuously and pay for all food, vet bills, and any other expenses? (“Adopt” in name only.😉)

Thank you.

I said it before but my post was deleted (not sure why, though??)
I would be happy to "adopt" one of your pups . . . a big one, please!
Old 08-06-2019, 06:20 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I want to thank everyone for you helpful comments and compassion with our situation.

After careful consideration we have made our decision.We will be purchasing a CYV as soon as we pick one and if things don't work out, then at least the houses here turn fast and seem to hold their value.
We bought a CYV for our 2 dogs and it is great. The neighborhood we are in is a dog friendly neighborhood and even the people who do not have dogs rush out with treats when we walk. There are 2 villas for sale if you are interested send me a PM
Old 08-06-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Since I saw this thread this morning and now it's 9.15 PM Does That Make It Three Dog Night? Sorry. I love Dogs.
Well done Nucky! That one took me back to my teen years!

Makes me wonder if golf cart windshields will crack when the Iron Butterfly is in season?
Old 08-06-2019, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The sales people will tell you what it takes to make a sale. Can you get the 3 dog allowance in writing from them? Then at least you have recourse.

In my deed even the maximum size of the 2 dogs is indicated. The deed restrictions are written in stone! Very hard to get an exemption, I’d make sure to get the variance first in writing.
Oh, my dog is actually two 40-lb dogs...
Old 08-07-2019, 11:01 AM

We faced the same dilemma when we bought our house and was told the same thing by a realtor. Unfortunately our Sami passed before we actually moved and it was absolutely horrifying to know I was about to lose one of my little loves and would it be timely. We purchased a home with a fenced backyard similar to a CYV. If you don't advertise (walk all three at the same time/tell everyone in the neighborhood that you have 3 dogs) you should be fine. People who buy a home with fenced yards typically have dogs. Sometimes I think more dogs live on my street then people. After we moved in I asked our neighbors if our furbabies were barking when we left, their response was...I didn't know you had dogs You will find here that some are strict rule followers (that would be me), yet at the same time while I observe non-compliance stuff like little white crosses and yard art; I do not turn people in to the authorities.
I would like to share with you something we came upon unwittingly, we took our little ones to their vet before traveling across multiple States (car) and she did a full evaluation and provided us with "travel papers" attesting to their health and current shots. I haven't found a vet down here yet, but you can approach dog owners (just go to the square, they are everywhere) as well as groomers...some come to your house...how cool is that! Good luck to you! It really is a wonderful place to live; I hope you and your dogs love it!
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, move, “adopt”, only.😉, situation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.