Two Dogs With Big Tumors Needing Removed - Get Your Quilt Raffle Chances

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 10:21 AM

I sent $35 for the raffle of the quilt but it never asked me what it’s for. I sent it thru PayPal a few minutes ago. This will help towards those 2 senior dogs.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennshoess@aol.com View Post
Hi, I make jewelry and I have a Doxie pendant you can also raffle off. Let me know if you want it.
Kennshoess, Yes, we would love to have one of your doxie pendants for fundraising. Thank you so much! Depending on how the fundraising goes for these dogs, we may keep it for our flash Valentine's Day auction or our March auction. If you have a website or Facebook page where you sell them online, let me know what the web address is. In our auctions, we put a link that people can click on and go to the donor's websites, if they have one. Only one person can win an item, but there may be others who would like to purchase one.

The rescue is made up of volunteers and foster homes all over the state of Florida, including The Villages, Leesburg, Wildwood, and surrounding areas. But all items we get for our fundraisers go to the following address, which is the main address for the rescue:

Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of FL
13435 S. McCall Rd.
Unit 16, Box 135
Port Charlotte, FL 33981

If you have any questions, please let me know. And again, THANK YOU!
Old 01-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
You never know. Maybe some kind soul would absorb the cost if they could deal directly with the vet
I totally agree. But some veterinary offices are very busy and don't want to be bothered keeping track of things like that.

The rescue is registered 501c3 non-profit, if anyone else is reading this and wants to check the rescue out. Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida
Old 01-09-2021, 10:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee523 View Post
Thank you for rescuing those precious munchkins! I've been involved in rescue for at least 30 years if not longer, and I love it! It's so rewarding. The quilts are beautiful.
lisarenne523 - Glad to hear you, too, are involved in rescue. It is rewarding to be able to help all these little guys. Especially the ones that have medical issues that have medical issues that were not addressed. I really love being a part of this. It is my passion.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipecoraro View Post
I sent $35 for the raffle of the quilt but it never asked me what it’s for. I sent it thru PayPal a few minutes ago. This will help towards those 2 senior dogs.
Ipecoraro, I think it must depend on what device you are using???? I'm not a tech person. I know some can see a place to put what it is for and some do not. I do see your payment and I just entered your enteries on the spreadsheet. On behalf of the rescue, thank you so much! And good luck in the drawing!
Old 01-09-2021, 05:00 PM

How much is total needed for each dog.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Gold member

I don't know because I'm not over that. But I will see if I can get that information.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler412 View Post
How much is total needed for each dog.
Wheeler412, I had to check with the rescue because I'm not over that. I just heard heard back on the totals needed for each dog.

Lil Bit's surgery is $2,400.
Maple is in the process of being assessed, but believe that her charges will be around $1,000.
Raised $1,685 so far.

Last edited by GeoGeo; 01-11-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:05 AM
Gold member

UPDATE: Lil Bit had her tumor removed and is doing well. I'm sure she is loving the fact that she can now walk without that big mass hindering her steps.

The rescue is still selling raffle chances on the quilt to pay for the surgery and for the other little dog, Maple's vet expeneses. In addition to having a tumor, too, Maple, came to the rescue with heartworms and will be going through heartworm treatment. I'm not sure if there are other medical issues or not.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:33 AM
Gold member

Forgot to mention that the rescue is a registered 501c3 nonprofit. Raffle chance purchases are not tax deductible, because you are getting something in return for your money. But if you decide to donate and do not want to participate in the raffle, then your donation is tax deductible.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Default Another new foster dog

I just wanted to share and ask for prayers for Winnie, another new little foster dog Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida has taken in. She was found roaming a parking lot and nobody claimed her. She has a a large open mass on the side of her face.
She is in the hospital now undergoing many tests to determine what this is. Her teeth are also terribly infected but we believe that the mass is unrelated. Doctors are suspicious of a cutaneous cancer. Her bloodwork is all good, organs functioning well. She has bacteria and yeast infections in both ears. She is on pain meds of course.

Foster dad reports she is extremely loving and just wants to be a normal dog. We are ON IT! Please send prayers and positive thoughts her direction today. Let's deliver Winnie a "WIN" over this thing!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnie.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	87678  
Old 01-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Gold member
Default And the winner of the quilt is....

Want to know who the lucky winner is of the Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida quilt raffle? Check out this video. Congrats to the winner! And thank you everyone who participated! Click on the link to see the video of the then live drawing. Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida... - Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
rescue, quilt, dachshund, dogs, low

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.