Two little white dogs at Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Default Two little white dogs at Fenney

I was just out at Fenney looking at a house on the corner of Fenney and Anhinga and there were two short haired small dogs running around down by the retention pond. They looked well fed so I'm thinking someone has lost them. I tried to get them to come to me and one seemed interested but his buddy wasn't so off they went. I stopped and told the guard on the way out and she said she would call a rescue group to come for them. There aren't many people living there yet so I'm afraid they won't easily find shelter and of course, running around on the edge of retention ponds is terribly dangerous....especially for two tiny dogs. If anyone knows of anyone missing their dogs please let them know. Please pass this on to any rescue groups as well. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
I was just out at Fenney looking at a house on the corner of Fenney and Anhinga and there were two short haired small dogs running around down by the retention pond. They looked well fed so I'm thinking someone has lost them. I tried to get them to come to me and one seemed interested but his buddy wasn't so off they went. I stopped and told the guard on the way out and she said she would call a rescue group to come for them. There aren't many people living there yet so I'm afraid they won't easily find shelter and of course, running around on the edge of retention ponds is terribly dangerous....especially for two tiny dogs. If anyone knows of anyone missing their dogs please let them know. Please pass this on to any rescue groups as well. Thank you.
Shared on Facebook.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up A Huge Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Shared on Facebook.
There is a special place in heaven for people like you and GeoGeo,

Many thanks from those who cannot speak for themselves!

Old 05-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

We bought a home on Anhinga several weeks ago and one of our neighbors said they have been there for weeks. Friendly but have fleas, etc. I saw them on Sunday and they look healthy. Maybe the workers are feeding them, there is also a large dog that runs with them. Hopefully they will be rescued.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage
Default The two dogs

We have been out just about every evening. The only dog we have had a sighting of is the chihuahua and he/she won't come to us. We are hoping to gain it's trust. We have also spoken to the residents and have been told there are several dog out there and they do appear to have flees.

As noted... they appear to be well fed... but I agree, that the workers may be leaving food. There is a house being built in the area that they seem to be hanging around.

One of the ladies that works with us left food for them the other day to keep them in the area hoping to gain their trust.

We don't chase, but do take stinky food to get their attention.
The Chi knows what the word "treat" is and wants to come to us in the worst way...but doesn't.

The residents say they won't come to them either. I have passed out my cards and have requested that if they do come to anyone, to call me and we will come out and try to find out where they live.

If you see them... Please do not chase... Try to gain their trust. We don't want to harm the dogs in the process of saving them.

Thank you,
Angie Fox
Lost Pets of The Villages
815-370-9115
Old 05-30-2017, 11:38 PM
Veteran member

Sorry, Angie . . .

You, too, deserve a medal for all you do!
Old 05-31-2017, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
We have been out just about every evening. The only dog we have had a sighting of is the chihuahua and he/she won't come to us. We are hoping to gain it's trust. We have also spoken to the residents and have been told there are several dog out there and they do appear to have flees.

As noted... they appear to be well fed... but I agree, that the workers may be leaving food. There is a house being built in the area that they seem to be hanging around.

One of the ladies that works with us left food for them the other day to keep them in the area hoping to gain their trust.

The Chi knows what the word "treat" is and wants to come to us in the worst way...but doesn't.

The residents say they won't come to them either. I have passed out my cards and have requested that if they do come to anyone, to call me and we will come out and try to find out where they live.

If you see them... Please do not chase... Try to gain their trust. We don't want to harm the dogs in the process of saving them.

Thank you,
Angie Fox
815-370-9115
Please keep up the great work Angie Fox. I try to help on Facebook as much as I can.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post

Thank you,
Angie Fox
815-370-9115
Thank you Angie, I've been thinking of those little dogs hoping that someone is able to get to them. If you or your group can use extra help send me a message.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, fenney, retention, rescue, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.