Uncollected Dog Waste

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbroyy View Post
We live in a house that backs up to a cart path with a grass median. I don't know how many times I have seen people bring their dog in their golf cart and let them out to take care of their business...leaving a pile of dog waste behind that is not picked up by the owner.

Is there a rule/law against this? It is disgusting!
Do a search on "dog poop".
Old 03-30-2015, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbroyy View Post
We live in a house that backs up to a cart path with a grass median. I don't know how many times I have seen people bring their dog in their golf cart and let them out to take care of their business...leaving a pile of dog waste behind that is not picked up by the owner.

Is there a rule/law against this? It is disgusting!
Just the law of pure Ignorance
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

I love dogs, BUT this is why I don't have a dog. I refuse to pickup any WASTE. Yuck.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I love dogs, BUT this is why I don't have a dog. I refuse to pickup any WASTE. Yuck.
Wow, I'm glad you don't have a dog too!!

Did you have children and change diapers?

😉😳
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Wow, I'm glad you don't have a dog too!!

Did you have children and change diapers?

😉😳
If people used their own yards for the dog to eliminate, they wouldn't have to pick up each and every time.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:14 AM

I'm fortunate to have a small dog so I don't have to carry a large bag. What always do is carry extra plastic bags (sandwich bags - these are very inexpensive compared to commercial dog bags) That way I will have one to offer to someone not picking up after their dog. I have done this several times over the years. They are always friendly. Just a friendly reminder and no need to be nasty. I did run into an older woman who was walking away from her dog's deposit. She informed me that "I never pick up that stuff!"
Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
If people used their own yards for the dog to eliminate, they wouldn't have to pick up each and every time.
Didn't you see the post some months back about a neighbor who let their dog eliminate in their own yard, and the neighbor didn't pick it up, in their own yard. The person who posted was furious. Ok, so here you have someone using their own yard and someone else not liking that. You can't win. There are always going to be a few who don't pick up. Maybe it's health reasons.

My husband recently had a very serious back operation, on the days I work he would have to walk our dog, but he couldn't bend down to pick up. So when I came home from work he would tell me where the dog went and I would go back and pick up. So please don't say most dog owners are irresponsible. I also have picked up after other dogs, just maybe their owner for whatever reason couldn't bend down that day.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2cruise View Post
Didn't you see the post some months back about a neighbor who let their dog eliminate in their own yard, and the neighbor didn't pick it up, in their own yard. The person who posted was furious. Ok, so here you have someone using their own yard and someone else not liking that. You can't win. There are always going to be a few who don't pick up. Maybe it's health reasons.

My husband recently had a very serious back operation, on the days I work he would have to walk our dog, but he couldn't bend down to pick up. So when I came home from work he would tell me where the dog went and I would go back and pick up. So please don't say most dog owners are irresponsible. I also have picked up after other dogs, just maybe their owner for whatever reason couldn't bend down that day.
We pick up each and every time after our dogs go. We don't want the flies that would be attracted and subsequent maggots, and don't want the smell either. How gross!

Yes, we "pick up each and every time." To not do that is disgusting!

To Love2Cruise: There are scoops you can buy which your husband can use without bending down. The pet stores have them.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:35 PM

To Love2Cruise: There are scoops you can buy which your husband can use without bending down. The pet stores have them.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes we did look at the scooper option, but walking cane in one hand, dog on leash in other hand, no room for scooper. However he is better now and can go back to stooping, just not bending.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2cruise View Post
To Love2Cruise: There are scoops you can buy which your husband can use without bending down. The pet stores have them.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Yes we did look at the scooper option, but walking cane in one hand, dog on leash in other hand, no room for scooper. However he is better now and can go back to stooping, just not bending. [/QUOTE]

Glad to hear your husband is doing better. We use a narrow leaf-type rake and a dust pan with a long handle, which works very well for us.

Everyone should use what's best for them, even if it's a plastic WalMart bag!
Old 04-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Retrieve poop, not golf balls.

Trespassing.

Hmmmmm

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.