Use Petsense at your own risk

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 11:33 AM
Default Use Petsense at your own risk

I had an unpleasant experience today at Petsense in Lake Sumter. When I brought in my dog for a de-shedding bath, I asked why all three clerks had no masks. A woman behind the counter said she hoped to get the virus for immunity. I said at age 72, I probably would die. An hour later, I again saw employees without masks so I asked to speak to the manager, who was one of them. She said she doesn't watch fake news. I said it's a public health issue, not a political issue, especially with 9,000 new cases reported yesterday in Florida. She put on a mask to handle my payment, then put it under her chin for the next customer. Until today, I was satisfied with the services of this new store. Now, I won't be going back.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:32 PM

I said at age 72, I probably would die.

Your are obviously misinformed. Your death from COVID is less age related than that due to comorbidities.

See

U.S. News & World Report
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	diaper-5-696x601.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	84852  
Old 06-27-2020, 12:58 PM

That's funny because I don't feel misinformed. Like many people my age, I have a couple of underlying conditions that could prove problematic if I were to contract COVID-19. By seizing on one detail of my post, you miss the point, which is that with daily new cases approaching 10,000 in Florida and more new cases in The Villages, businesses should value the health of their customers over the convenience of their employees.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox View Post
I had an unpleasant experience today at Petsense in Lake Sumter. When I brought in my dog for a de-shedding bath, I asked why all three clerks had no masks. A woman behind the counter said she hoped to get the virus for immunity. I said at age 72, I probably would die. An hour later, I again saw employees without masks so I asked to speak to the manager, who was one of them. She said she doesn't watch fake news. I said it's a public health issue, not a political issue, especially with 9,000 new cases reported yesterday in Florida. She put on a mask to handle my payment, then put it under her chin for the next customer. Until today, I was satisfied with the services of this new store. Now, I won't be going back.
Wow... sounds like a bunch of 'younger people' with no business sense and no respect for anyone! I won't be shopping there. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-03-2020, 08:01 AM
Default Petsense UPDATE

I reported the store's mask problem to the corporate office in Tennessee and they took my complaint seriously. They asked me when I was at the store and said they would talk to the employees. Their policy is that all employees must wear masks on the sales floor but not in grooming areas. That's fine with me. I've been satisfied with their services and hopefully they've resolved the mask issue.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

It is all about attitude and disrespectful rebellion.
Neither of which are limited by age.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

show me that behavior and I'm never coming back

when you serve the public you need to come across as respectful and demonstrate that you value your customers...if not, you're going out of business...unless you're the only game in town selling something that everyone always needs (which is never the case)

not wearing a masks during this pandemic is disrespectful to all of the seniors in TV...the manager sounds like just another ignorant person that has very little business acumen and at best belongs in the back room sweeping up after others groom pets instead of out front interacting with customers

There was a time that I preferred to deal with a small business because I knew that I'd be interacting with the owner....that doesn't seem to be the case here in TV....too many absentee owners hiring locals that just aren't being trained in the basic 'service industry' procedures....bad help is easy to find....seems that lazy owners are also becoming commonplace. Among a leaders most important responsibilities is to set expectations, educate and train their employees on how to properly execute in their role

With the continual expansion of TV finding good help is going to become more and more common....the are just so many 'locals' to draw from to staff the businesses. Some locals go on to further their education after high school and come back to work in law offices and doctor's offices....the greater majority that do not are naturally pleasant and try to do a great job...then there's that minority, who just seem to 'wing it' through life...they go about their job with a chip, an attitude, unhappy working for low wages in a dead end job, going through the motions waiting for the weekend

they should be fired...but who would take their place...someone that was fired for exactly the same reason elsewhere?

businesses here have just about tapped out the local labor pool...no one is coming down from Ocala or up from Orlando for low wages

IMHO, I fear that the service industry in and around TV will increasingly be short handed and have to tolerate far more 'bad apples' among their employees than they'd like
Closed Thread

Tags
asked, put, masks, issue, petsense

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.