Vets at Colony

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Platinum member
Default Vets at Colony

Would appreciate any input on the Vets at Colony. (Colony Plaza Veterinarians). Are you satisfied? How are their prices? Have you ever boarded there? Thanks for any comments.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

This search result might help: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...rchid=14730484
Old 03-28-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Would appreciate any input on the Vets at Colony. (Colony Plaza Veterinarians). Are you satisfied? How are their prices? Have you ever boarded there? Thanks for any comments.
If you're referring to Colony Plaza Animal Hospital, 352-633-7327, we've been very pleased, in all respects, for the past 3 years.
We board our cat there also, twice per year for a week each time, and she seems clean and happy when we pick her up. She was very troubled after boarding when we lived up north.
As to pricing, we find them to be very reasonable. But our only comparison is to Chicago, it was very expensive there.
I've read on TOTV that there are cheaper Vet options in the area. You may want to check/search previous threads on this subject.
But in the end, we are happy to highly recommend Colony Plaza Animal Hospital.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:55 PM

We are also pleased with Colony Plaza Animal Hospital. We boarded our cat there and she seemed content when we picked her up. Boarding price was very reasonable. The staff are friendly and truly care about their clients. Our cat is 16 years old and had never been away from home for more than a couple hours. Considering this was her first time being away from us for several days, she did very well. Also, their office is conveniently located to our home, which is a plus for me.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Not getting any results.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:26 AM
Sage

Another thumbs-up for Colony Plaza Animal Hospital.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Not getting any results.
I guess the link is not going to work. It was the results of a forum search where I put in the term Colony vet. It brought up a number of posts about the Colony vet(s).
Old 03-29-2018, 07:15 AM

We've been extremely pleased with the care at Colony Animal Hospital as well. I've had my dog in there several times over the past 2 years with different issues and they've taken very good care of him each time. The pricing seems reasonable to me.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:42 PM
Default Good vet experience at Colony with Dr. Girard

I've taken my female cat Voo to Dr. Girard at Colony Veterinarians. I adopted Voo after finding her living in a parking lot, being fed on-and-off by commercial tenants; she was about 6 months old and had been abandoned. I had her spayed, wormed and vaccinated 2 yrs ago. She immediately developed what my prior vet said were chronic bladder infections, which had to be constantly treated with a powerful liquid antibiotic, with limited success and many recurrences. When the prior vet left, and Voo again developed symptoms, I took her to Dr. Girard. Dr. Girard took a sterile urine sample from Voo with a tiny needle, and when a culture showed there were no bacteria, said Voo likely had feline interstitial cystitis, which could periodically recur. She prescribed a 3-day, once-a-day course of a feline anti-inflammatory, which worked by the end of the second day. I was very pleased. Voo hasn't had any recurrences so far, either.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:33 PM

VERY pleased with the service and staff there. When we had to put one of our kids out of his pain, they could not have been any more caring than they were on that day --- two thumbs WAY up for them!!!
Old 06-29-2018, 05:27 PM
Platinum member

Thanks all. We will be making appointment
Tampa, FL
Old 08-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Thanks everyone. So, pleased with Dr Girard and Colony Plaza Animal Hospital. Our dog actually loved being there. We have transferred. Very pleased with our decision.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

Tags
colony, vets, prices, boarded, comments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.