Villages Vet

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Default Villages Vet

Years ago we took our dogs to Villages Vet , the dogs all passed and we went a few years without a pet. We now have a dog who we took there and everything has changed. I did a search on this site for vet recommendations and Villages Vet doesn't come up, except for maybe one time. I searched through about 5 months of old posts for vets. Just wondering what's gong on with that place. I asked the receptionist and she said nothing has changed in years?? Same owner, etc. This place is very close to us but I think we will switch to Mulberry unless someone can highly recommend Villages Vet.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

The Vets rotate through that place like a revolving door. Never saw the same vet twice in all the years we went there. We switch to Dr. Porter in Wildwood and are very happy. We see the same person all the time and he takes his time with us.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:08 AM

Dr Porter in Wildwood is great. You always see him and there is no Tech in the room. Just you and him. He listens and is very compasionate
Old 03-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Platinum member

I had been taking my dogs to Village Pet for 8 years. As a previous posted said, you rarely see the same vet twice. I think the owner vet has an office in FruitlandPark.

i took my 2yr old in for A shot. They took her in back for a while, brought her back to me and charged me over $300. Examined her! All she needed was one shot.

A neighbor took her dog in and had a quote to pull 4 teeth for something like $300+. When she picked it up, they had pulled several more and the bill was over $700+. They said the teeth were rotten, which may have been the case, but the dog was only 3 years old.

I am not saying not to go to this vet, but just make sure that they understand what you are willing to pay for without further permission.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Default Villages Vet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager2005 View Post
Years ago we took our dogs to Villages Vet , the dogs all passed and we went a few years without a pet. We now have a dog who we took there and everything has changed. I did a search on this site for vet recommendations and Villages Vet doesn't come up, except for maybe one time. I searched through about 5 months of old posts for vets. Just wondering what's gong on with that place. I asked the receptionist and she said nothing has changed in years?? Same owner, etc. This place is very close to us but I think we will switch to Mulberry unless someone can highly recommend Villages Vet.
We have been using this practice for 15 yrs. It is owned by Dr Valdez, who is an exceptional vet. He works primarily in the office in Fruitland Park (Park Heights Vet). We always saw the same vet, I believe her name was Dr. Rachael ??, but we recently changed to the Fruitland Park office just so we could be seen by Dr. Valdez. I see by both websites that there are only 2 veterinarians associated with the practice. I do know that the staff in TV has been the same for 15 years, so they must be happy with their job and we never had a problem in TV. I will say it was always about 250.00 per animal, so I got checking around trying to find a practice that did not try to rape The Villagers. I tried a couple and found their prices ending up being the same. So, I decided to try Bancroft at Petsmart. Was told when I called what their rate was and it was significantly cheaper. Ha Ha.... it was a la carte. When I left, I was still "out" over 200.00. My husbands father always told him to go to school to be a veterinarian, that it was a very lucrative profession as people would pay anything to save their little furry friends..... guess his father knew what he was talking about. But to answer your question, I have complete trust in The Villages Vet......
Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager2005 View Post
Years ago we had Rachel Fox and a few of the other vets as regulars at the Villages Vet but we switched to Buffalo Ridge right after they opened. Fox and the other vets from years ago moved on.

I have a friend who swears by this mobile pet service. House Calls Mobile Pet Clinic | Our Veterinary Staff
Old 03-16-2019, 01:36 PM
Default Vet

We took our doggie to Park Heights animal hospital in Leesburg. I liked them Very much. This past Monday my little girl had a seizure (she was 17 yo). We called Park Heights and they said they were to booked up to take her to the animal Hospital at Buffalo Ridge which is up near Golden Corral on 466 They came to us as soon as we walked in the door and took Gracie back to a vet while putting us in a room. As it turned out her Liver enzymes were so out of wack she would continue to seize, I decided it was time for her to cross the Rainbow Bridge. They were very good with us about that also, allowing me to hold her. That was the hardest thing I had ever done for a pet. We were very pleased with them as well.

Last edited by sallybowron; 03-16-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: mispelled
Closed Thread

Tags
vet, villages, years, changed, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.