We Got A New Dog

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2018, 03:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Very funny -- you sound like my husband. We lost our 14-year-old Yorkie this year -- he was about 12 pounds. If we get another dog I am going to fight to go even smaller LOL.

I look at this dog and for some reason, "Matilda" comes to mind. I don't know why -- I don't think I even care for that name but that's what she reminds me of for some reason.

Regardless and congratulations on the addition of a "real dog" to your family.
Mrs. BK we are sorry to hear of your loss. I know its a tough thing to go through.

We are watching a Cocker Spaniel for a friend who went away for a week and the dog is so quiet and calm. Our old boy kept the house lively and you knew he was around and heard him constantly. I am honored that these friends let us take care of their baby and even though she is about 25-30 lbs I would still want a whopper like our Buddy Mr. Barney. He was between 90 & 100 lbs.

You know you are one of our favorite TOTV'S people and we moved and went through similar stuff several years ago to get here. I wish you peace quickly after your pup's passing.

To name the OP'S dog something from the Taco Bell menu may work but Matilda sounds good to me also.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
We lost our 14-year-old Yorkie this year -- he was about 12 pounds. If we get another dog I am going to fight to go even smaller LOL.
I'm sorry you lost your Yorkie. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pet.
We adopted a young yorkie/cairn terrier from Max's Pet Connection. He was full grown and weighed nine lbs.
When you're ready, please consider a rescue from Maxine.
Max doesn't have a shelter, all her dogs are fostered. She has her dogs outside Petsmart every Saturday morning.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 AM

What a sweetie pie! If she were mine I would be smooching that precious little face up and telling her what a sweet baby girl she is so I guess my vote would be for "Baby". She definitely does not look like a Joyce. Best wishes for lots of good health and happy years for your little girl in her new family.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
This is what happens when you go to South Lake Animal League (aka The League).

Meet (for now) Joyce.
Quiet, calm, and just perfect for us.
She has heartworms. Never had a dog that had to go through heartworm treatment. So we came home with a ton of oral syringes.
I think she is going to fit right in.
We are open to suggestions for a name. They don't know what her "real" name is.
Thank you so much for adopting. Best of luck in her recovery.

I too like the name "Ginger".
Old 10-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Gold member

I have been so busy with the auctions for the rescues I volunteer with that I haven't had time to answer each and every one of you. Thank you all for your well-wishes and comments. She is a wonderful addition to our family and gets along well with our other dog. She has a little face that we just can't resist. Thank you all so much.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:03 AM
fw102807

Quote:
I have been so busy with the auctions for the rescues I volunteer with that I haven't had time to answer each and every one of you. Thank you all for your well-wishes and comments. She is a wonderful addition to our family and gets along well with our other dog. She has a little face that we just can't resist. Thank you all so much.
But what's her name?
Old 10-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
YOU are a dear. Thank you for sharing this adventure.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Very funny -- you sound like my husband. We lost our 14-year-old Yorkie this year -- he was about 12 pounds. If we get another dog I am going to fight to go even smaller LOL.

I look at this dog and for some reason, "Matilda" comes to mind. I don't know why -- I don't think I even care for that name but that's what she reminds me of for some reason.

Regardless and congratulations on the addition of a "real dog" to your family.
Sorry for your loss, BK. It’s so painful.

LOL about going for less than twelve pounds. When we got Abby Gale, she was about 25 pounds. I was hoping for no more than 30-35. Well, now at 61 pounds...
Old 10-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
She looks like Ginger. Ginger Snap.
Love Ginger Snap! I thought of ginger, too.

Tags
league, dog, oral, syringes, treatment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.