What to do if you are attacked by a dog

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_b View Post
Why are people letting their dogs run off leash at the Osceola Hills mail boxes? People are trying to pick up their mail and you have a dog circling around as the dog owner reads his mail.
It's very disrespectful to let your dogs run free, anywhere but a dog park.
Perhaps the owner felt he had voice control over the dog; but no dog is 100% reliable.
There are people who are terrified of dogs for good reason.
Speaking as a dog lover, I think it's very rude to let a dog run off leash.

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-20-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 AM

What "worries" me about a dog, dog attack, dog circling etc.
Is falling down and breaking my hip.
Even with my own dogs - I keep clear when they are playing
and careful not to trip over them.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Sage

IMHO-what ever hand gun you carry, equip it with a crimson trace "GREEN" laser totally visible in day light also guarantees you will hit the intended target-most DA 380's with their long trigger pull would be worthless on a small profile target-like a low profile dog--they are designed to be "belly" guns

for animal protection SA/DA--wheel gun
Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know that's really great info, but on a serious note, how many of us would really have the nerve to punch a Pit Bull or any big dog. It's one thing to talk about it & another to do it. Also a lot of us couldn't punch hard enough to hurt a 5 yr. old kid, but I'm talking mostly about women. I'm a guy & I'm not afraid of most dogs but even I would be a little nervous about punching a Pit Bull in the nose & making it madder. But I guess you would have to do something instead of letting it chew on your arm.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:18 AM

First, I blame the owner more than the dog. Not wanting to hurt or kill the dog, I looked online for an alternative. What I found has been very effective, a stun gun. 14,400 million volts for about $11. This is not a taser so unless it contacts the dog there is no harm or pain. When a dog start to approach I set it off. The bright flash and harsh sound typically sends them away. If that doesn't stop them, contact with the stun gun will.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, bulls, attacks, pit, navy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.