Where is the dog park?

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Default Where is the dog park?

I have been away for several months. In Sunday's paper I saw a reference to Paradise Dog Park in the Villages. Does anyone know where it is located and how I can find info for my furry friend, MacDuff.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Where is the dog park?

It is near the golf cart bridge on 441. Go over the bridge from Spanish Springs, turn left, ahead on the left. The bridge is narrow. Keep all of Macduff and yourself inside the cart, or Macduff could scrape his snout but good!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewellcarp
I have been away for several months. In Sunday's paper I saw a reference to Paradise Dog Park in the Villages. Does anyone know where it is located and how I can find info for my furry friend, MacDuff.

It is on the east side of US 441/27 where the golf cart bridge meets Paradise Lake. In other words, it is at the southern most point of Paradise Drive just a block or less south of the intersection of Lake Wales Plaza and Paradise Drive.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 AM

They were just talking about the dog park when we came home for the summer. From comments it seems its up and running-- Is there a charge or registration? Any employee overseeing? separate park areas for small and large dogs? Any shade? Is the park where the bow and arrow range used to be? Or is it across the path under the trees? We're planning on a trip back down at the end of July for a week or so (we're brand new snowbirds) and would like to check it out if its in operation. Thanks much!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:55 AM

I don't have a dog but have driven by. It is a beautiful shaded area. Seperate areas for dogs over 30 pounds and under 30 pounds. No charge that I know of. People and dogs looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Platinum member

[color=red]SADIEEEE NOT THAT SIDE - THE OTHER SIDE [size=10pt]and don't go in the water or gator might get ya
Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Eternal Member

I have not been following this thread or even this forum much at all so this may have been discussed and I missed it. Does the new Dog Park have a poker room like they were planning for the proposed Horse Park? Seems more fitting. I've never seen a picture of Quarterhorses gathered around a card table.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Taltarzac

There seem to some poker aficionados at the Doggie Doo Run Run. That's the dog park at the intersection of CR101 and CR104 which is on the same road as Crispers and Palm Ridge Plaza.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.