More Puppy Mill Updates

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Gold member
Default More Puppy Mill Updates

South Lake Animal League (aka The Animal League) took in an additional 28 dogs puppy mill dogs on top of the 52 I had already posted about them taking in. All of the puppy mill dogs are found by The Animal League’s veterinarian to be in need of medical treatment. Diagnoses include: blindness, pregnancy, extreme fur matting, ear infections, leg injuries, abscesses, skin disease, yeast infections, severe tooth decay, mouth infections, heartworm, and tumors. Many have growths and mammary tumors with one confirmed case of breast cancer. One dog had a giant puppy inside and had to have a C-Section. Continued assessment will likely reveal more issues.

For anyone that would like to donate needed items, The Animal League has set up a special Wish List for the puppy mill dogs. It is easy to order needed items on the list through Amazon.com and have it sent directly to the shelter. You don't even have to leave your home. Here is their Wish List: Amazon.com

The little Chihuahua below the vet thinks was banged in the left side of its head and broke its tiny jaw and the blood vessels in its eye, too. Poor little thing can't chew, but does pretty good eating mush.

Here is what one of the volunteers had to say when she came into contact with the sad-eyed dog (picture #2) - A note from one of our valued volunteers:
I am not a "dog person". But it is impossible to turn away from true need, so I spent the morning out with The Animal League team caring for the 52 strong tiny souls rescued from a horrifying life. With so much work to do, a lot of the little faces became a bit of a blur—but then I met Tomato.
This pretty little girl has had so many babies that her body is incapable of having any more. She will be having surgery very soon. In her soft brown eyes you can see the pain mixed with fear. She stood shaking and silent and just watched me as I mumbled reassuring nonsense at her, changed food and water and made her space neat and tidy.
As I went to lay out a blanket for her to rest on, she reached out a paw, and so gently rested it in my upturned hand. Then slowly, still standing, still shaking slightly, she bent until she could rest her head on my wrist. She wanted to be touched—to say thank you, to feel peace. I told her it was all going to be ok now—we are going to take care of her, and she will have the best life from this moment on.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Giant puppy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	78831   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sad dog.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	78832   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Puppy Mill dogs.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	78833   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Puppy mill Chihuahua.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	78834  
Old 03-13-2019, 07:46 AM

dear GeoGeo thanks for the updates on how the Animal League is helping these poor,suffering puppy mill dogs. i have already donated to defray the costs of medical care. i'm going on amazon.com & donate to the wish list The League has set up. please continue to update us.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal, puppy, league, dogs, mill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.