where to find

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Gold member
Default where to find

We fell in love with a friends dog. A mixed bischon and chavichon. Anyone know where to find one
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Gold member

That is weird. A cavichon is already a mix...King Charles Spaniel and Bichon, so a Bichon/Cavichon mix would be adding more Bichon to the recipe.

I am far from a dog person, and only know this because my cousin has a pair of these little picky eaters.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Gold member

My girlfriend in nj owns one and it is so cute she told me I could find one online but not sure if that's a good idea to order a dog online?
Old 03-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Sage

In my opinion it is never a good idea to buy a dog sight unseen, and without knowing about the breeder and lineage of your future pet.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
In my opinion it is never a good idea to buy a dog sight unseen, and without knowing about the breeder and lineage of your future pet.
I am sure u r correct. That is why I am posting in case anyone knows where one would b available
Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Adopt don't shop! There are plenty of sweet small dogs waiting for a fur`ever home. Use petfinder.com put in your zipcode and specifics and you can go meet the dog waiting for you to adopt him/her.

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search...ze=small&name=
Old 03-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Getting a dog online is not necessarily a bad thing. Many reputable breeders do advertise that way. Your good breeder will interview you to make sure you and their pup are a good fit. They'll have a contract that spells out your obligations and their rights to remove the dog from your home should they find evidence of abuse or neglect. Many breeders require you contact them before giving their dog to someone else. These hold true of good breeders regardless of how you find them.

Regardless of how you get your dog, make sure to inspect the kennel. See how the dog reacts when picked up. You don't want av puppy who has not been handled. They usually remain too shy and snappish. Check out the bitch and make sure she is in good health. Get a copy of the bloodlines to make sure that inbreeding is no more than every third generation.

Your pet stores, puppy mills, those just out to make some money don't care and will rarely make the effort to protect their puppy.

I love pet rescue but it is not always the best answer for some people. You need to know dogs, how to gently train them, be extremely patient since many of these dogs have been abused and neglected.

Make sure the dog you get fits your lifestyle, activities and abilities regardless of where you get it. Regardless of what you get Orc here you get it, good luck with your little bundle of love. The Cavichon is an adorable mix. They really are big dogs in a little body.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-12-2015, 10:01 PM

Good news, this Sat 3/14/15 this dog rescue organization will hold an Adoption event in Brownwood. Poodle and Pooch Rescue has small dogs for adoption in Florida

They have some really cute, well-vetted, sweet dogs waiting for you to take them home.

Also, most rescue organization also have a contract that specifies your obligations and their rights to remove the dog from your home should they find evidence of abuse or neglect. Most rescue organizations require you to contact them before giving their dog to someone else.

Adopt don't shop! Good luck.

Please post pics of your new pet addition if you adopt one at this Sat's event in Brownwood.

Last edited by romanpaula; 03-12-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanpaula View Post
Good news, this Sat 3/14/15 this dog rescue organization will hold an Adoption event in Brownwood. Poodle and Pooch Rescue has small dogs for adoption in Florida. They have some really cute, well-vetted, sweet dogs waiting for you to take them home. Adopt don't shop.
Where in Brownwood and what time?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:10 PM

This Saturday, March 14th, 10AM till 2PM ~ Poodle and Pooch Rescue will be at Brownwood in front of Woof Gang Bakery

This info was in the link I provided in my post above.

Come out and meet some of our adorable dogs and check into volunteer and foster opportunities. Dogs for adoption from our Rescue in Orlando FL
Old 03-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Gold member

My heart set on the cavichon bischon mix
Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
My heart set on the cavichon bischon mix

What a shame; that's too bad.
You have no idea what you're missing by narrowing your decision to only this one mixed breed dog.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.