Where To Find Cheapest Meat for My Dog's Food

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield View Post
Unfortunately Costco can be as much of a zoo as Sam's. I've gone to Altamonte Springs as well as Tampa. It's almost easier to go at an off time to Sam's and save the gas, especially if you are already a member. Dec. is always a zoo but usually right at the dinner time is not too bad. So between 5:30 and 7:30p can be a little more sane.
Sam's is open til 8:30 every night except Sunday, so there's no reason to worry about crowds. Just go at 7:30, which still gives you an hour to do all your other Sam's shopping.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I've been making my dog's food as my vet wants him off of grain-free, and I don't like what Hills & Royal Canin do to his coat--it had turned to straw.

I need dark-meat chicken, beef, liver (beef or chicken) gizzards and/or hearts (chicken or turkey). I add veggies and supplements to that and make "pup loaf." I have a grinder.

I usually shop at Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Walmart. I look for specials, but I haven't been finding many lately. And the boneless/skinless chicken thighs are pricey.

Would I be better off at a meat market somewhere, or Aldi's?

I would speak to the meat managers/butchers in the stores where you shop. In telling them your issue I can't help but think that at least one of them would work with you on what your needs are and with some decent pricing.
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, beef, food, dogs, meat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.