Where To Find Cheapest Meat for My Dog's Food

Where To Find Cheapest Meat for My Dog's Food

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolts View Post
I've been making our dogs' food for many years, it's one of the best things you can do for their health. I know of places to get better prices but you'll have to make a drive to get them. Hopkins meat market in Sanford has very good prices on cases of chicken quarters if that's what you're looking for. Sometimes they get fantastic deals on boneless chicken breast too, you can just watch their Facebook page to see. Also Costco has whole chicken for 99 cents a pound or they did last time I checked. They also have organic whole chickens for $1.99 per pound which is a really good price for that. For the veggies I find the produce stands/stores to have better prices than grocery but I normally just buy at Publix for convenience. Publix also had whole turkeys for 49 cents a pound for weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and they will probably have them again before Christmas. I bought a bunch of them for the freezer and will cut them up and use them for my dogs' food recipe, I make food once a week for them and one whole turkey works perfectly for my recipe. Cutting it up is the only difficult part.
Thanks! Where is the nearest Costco? Sam's is such a zoo I try to avoid it.

I saw those turkeys at Publix. I'll look for them again, and look at Hopkins FB page.

Costco
Old 12-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

Default Costco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Thanks! Where is the nearest Costco? Sam's is such a zoo I try to avoid it.

I saw those turkeys at Publix. I'll look for them again, and look at Hopkins FB page.
There is a Costco in Orlando by Millenia Mall and in Altamonte Springs.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Platinum member

I wouldn't obsess too much about the "quality" of the food. Dogs sometimes eat their own feces. A healthy dog can eat alllmost anything, with certain exceptions (no onion or garlic, certain other plants are toxic to them). A dog with diagnosed medical conditions might require adjustments, but swapping out Walmart crap for a 4-year-old steer freshly slaughtered by 26 virgins on their wedding day, using knives made of elven steel - is not a necessarily adjustment.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
There is a Costco in Orlando by Millenia Mall and in Altamonte Springs.
I like the Costco at Wesley Chapel too. Right down I-75 at 2225 Grand Cypress Dr, Lutz, FL 33559
Sam's and Costco
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Default Sam's and Costco

Unfortunately Costco can be as much of a zoo as Sam's. I've gone to Altamonte Springs as well as Tampa. It's almost easier to go at an off time to Sam's and save the gas, especially if you are already a member. Dec. is always a zoo but usually right at the dinner time is not too bad. So between 5:30 and 7:30p can be a little more sane.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darield For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield View Post
Unfortunately Costco can be as much of a zoo as Sam's. I've gone to Altamonte Springs as well as Tampa. It's almost easier to go at an off time to Sam's and save the gas, especially if you are already a member. Dec. is always a zoo but usually right at the dinner time is not too bad. So between 5:30 and 7:30p can be a little more sane.
Sam's is open til 8:30 every night except Sunday, so there's no reason to worry about crowds. Just go at 7:30, which still gives you an hour to do all your other Sam's shopping.

Tags
chicken, beef, food, dogs, meat