Where on this website can I find an actual recommendation for a veterinarian?

Where on this website can I find an actual recommendation for a veterinarian?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage

Another vote for Animal Care Clinic of Wildwood. Dr. Timothy Porter. Our sons cat has a thyroid condition, and when the liquid medicine required 2 people to give the cat, he was able to recommend an alternative that gets applied to the inside of the ear, and the results were great. He now has a very healthy cat.

Another recommendation for Dr. Porter
Old 01-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

Default Another recommendation for Dr. Porter

We went to Dr. Porter based upon recommendations on this board and have been very happy with him. His rates are excellent and his care is great. As others have said, he has a small office in a strip mall, but he has a wealth of knowledge which I find more important than paying for a lush office with higher vet fees.
Sponsored Links
For a VET ??
Old 01-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default For a VET ??

[QUOTE=TonysMom;1612523]I am new at using this site and I'd like to find a compassionate veterinarian that is reasonably priced?
I have clicked around a bit but either only see advertisements or else I see other types of health care, not for my two little poodles.

Hi, just a thought. The pet-smart store, new one that is close to Olive Garden restaurant area, may know because they are into the pet items for sure. Give them a call.

Thanks for Recommendations. Any others? LOL
Old 01-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Default Thanks for Recommendations. Any others? LOL

Thanks to all of you who offered recommendations.

A neighbor had just told me she tried a vet in Wildwood in a strip mall and his place was horrible and he was just as expensive.

Guess she is wrong? I went to Colony and loved the vet but it was really costly, tests done I am not sure were needed.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post

A neighbor had just told me she tried a vet in Wildwood in a strip mall and his place was horrible and he was just as expensive.

Guess she is wrong? I went to Colony and loved the vet but it was really costly, tests done I am not sure were needed.
Assuming your neighbor was in fact talking about Dr. Porter, maybe your neighbor doesn't care for the small, plain "digs" at his office? The waiting area is very small (2 or 3 chairs) and nondescript. The exam rooms are functional but "pedestrian". As to costs, my vet in Michigan charged a LOT more than Dr. Porter has charged me for similar services. I would rather pay him for his experience than to subsidize a larger practice with more "ambiance" that neither I or my dogs really care about. I can't speak to the charges of other vets here (my searches before I moved here full time seemed to indicate that many were higher), but comparing to my old vet, I am far ahead of the game. More importantly, IMHO, my dogs are well treated and cared for by Dr. Porter.

Good luck with your search and transition to a new vet.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:35 AM

Does anyone know why The Villages does not have a Vet that can offer a Echocardiogram for pets? Or maybe someone here know of one? My Vet at Buffalo said the closest is Gainesville. Really?!!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Dr Sexton at Buffalo has been helpful to us in ER situations. I really wish more Vets in The Villages have an Echocardiogram to diagnose heart issues.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Live Oak Vets Summerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post

They are so much less and very nice to work with. My neighbor had recommended them.

Tags
find, veterinarian, health, care, advertisements