Was your pet injured in TV by a wild animal?

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Sage

I was going to post this one too. My husband reminded me when I read him Kitty's post. I had forgotten about this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NecK4MwOfeI]Lions, Tigers, Bears - The Wizard Of Oz - YouTube[/ame]
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Sage

We've watched a red fox take out one of our squirrels on the golf course one afternoon last year. I think she had kits. There's also a little grey fox that lives over here and I have seen it on a carport. It is amazing to me the wildlife here despite the intrusion of humans for so many years. It is beautiful to watch.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Sage

bump. Anyone with a pet injured by wildlife in TV?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dog survives coral snake bite after emergency treatment at UF » College of Veterinary Medicine » University of Florida
Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Sage

not me, but I wonder if those bunnies you mentioned would be interested in those first green bites of weeds that keep popping up in my beds???
Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Interesting reading-Not TV

ARFF - Exotic "Pet" Incidents in Florida
Old 08-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Sage

thanks for all the posts...I hope readers come to their own conclusions how likely it is for your pet to be injured by wildlife in TV...
and to consider what might be reasonable caution and what is fear of the unknown.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:12 PM

No one has talked much about snakes. I see them as the most dangerous animal to my dogs, they (the dogs) stick their noses everywhere! We don't have any venomous snakes in our area but we will be in TV soon. I will be careful but am interested in the danger and frequency of encounters with venomous rascals.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i have some birds that swoop down and scare the crap out of me when i run at 3am..don't need a dog to make them mad
Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
No one has talked much about snakes. I see them as the most dangerous animal to my dogs, they (the dogs) stick their noses everywhere! We don't have any venomous snakes in our area but we will be in TV soon. I will be careful but am interested in the danger and frequency of encounters with venomous rascals.
Stay out of march areas and high grass with your dog would be my advice for avoiding snakes. I ran into a snake at the Doggie Doo Run Run yesterday but it was just a common garter snake. My dog looked at it, sniffed from a few feet away, and then lost interest. There have been black racers at Doggie Doo Run Run and on occasion a water moccasin will come up from the wet lands on the golf course that borders this private dog park. So you do have to keep your eyes open anywhere in the Villages.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
There are numerous Pygmy Rattlesnakes in this area. They are found mostly in the tall grasses on golf courses or alongside trails by conservation areas. They are only about 18" but still pretty venomous - especially to animals like dogs who sniff at them and get bitten in the face.

Watch out also for fire ants. Their mounds pop up very quickly and they can really be painful!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.