PDA

View Full Version : Oldies Night at American Legion

rpicker04
01-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I am a member of the American Legion Post on Rolling Acres Road and they are having an Oldies night from 6 - 10 on Saturday the 25th. Attire from the 50s is optional. There will be a dance contest for those who would like to participate and the cost is $10 which includes a burger or dog. There will be music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s and other prizes as well and a cash bar. Drinks are inexpensive at the Legion as well. If any of the singles group would like to attend, I would be willing to buy the tickets and then get reimbursed later. I would have to know soon though who might like to go and have a firm commitment from them lest I get stuck with tickets already bought. I will know several people going (some of them are going to dress in the 50s attire) from Stonecrest, Dell Web, and the the Villages but they are all couples. Anyway, anyone wanting to go is invited by me. Please PM me if interested in joining in the fun.

Ron

KathieI
01-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I am a member of the American Legion Post on Rolling Acres Road and they are having an Oldies night from 6 - 10 on Saturday the 25th. Attire from the 50s is optional. There will be a dance contest for those who would like to participate and the cost is $10 which includes a burger or dog. There will be music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s and other prizes as well and a cash bar. Drinks are inexpensive at the Legion as well. If any of the singles group would like to attend, I would be willing to buy the tickets and then get reimbursed later. I would have to know soon though who might like to go and have a firm commitment from them lest I get stuck with tickets already bought. I will know several people going (some of them are going to dress in the 50s attire) from Stonecrest, Dell Web, and the the Villages but they are all couples. Anyway, anyone wanting to go is invited by me. Please PM me if interested in joining in the fun.

Ron

Ron, there's another one I think on Friday, the 24th? Either way wouldn't it be fun to have a bunch of us singles there to dance to the music of our past? I'm game, lets see if we can get a group going. Who's in????

kittygilchrist
01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Tickets for Larry and Kitty please...need a poodle skirt!

KathieI
01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Tickets for Larry and Kitty please...need a poodle skirt!

Great Kitty... let's try to round up some more because I'd like to get the tickets soon before there are no more tables left. I'll send a few PM's and make some calls, can you do the same?

Need clarification from Ron if its the Friday or Sat night dance. So much to do and so little time, LOL.

kittygilchrist
01-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Singles, heads up, legion is one of the best dance venues around with attendance from all over the place including TV. Cha and several of us went there recently and danced about every dance. It is a total hoot. You don't have to be a dancer of anything special to show up and have fun with us.
Kitty