PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Lawyer

leslo901
01-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Does anyone recommend a good real estate lawyer?

ijusluvit
01-26-2014, 12:19 PM
I highly recommend Arlene Udick, who lives and practices in The VIllages. She specializes in real estate and general business law. Her number is 391-1888.

From my experience, Arlene is an unusual attorney, only suggesting she help where you need it, as opposed to selling you a 'package' of service, some of which might not be needed. She is honest, efficient and practical which words I don't often hear when folks describe attorneys.

Tell her Peter sent you.

ijusluvit
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
In Florida you do not need a Real Este Lawyer. All transactions are handled through a Title Company usually chosen by seller. Most are owned by lawyers so they are competent.

This is true. However I made the mistake of trying to refinance my mortgage with Citizens. They sent me three Good Faith Estimates, all with a much higher title insurance figure which was based on a new mortgage, not a refy. Easy to change? Numerous phone calls and a letter got me nowhere. Only when I asked Arlene Udick to intervene was she able to get it done. Since she knew exactly who to call and what to say the matter was resolved very quickly. And I never received a bill for services. Talk about good customer service!

theorem painter
02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
We are currently using Arlene Udick for our closing and are very pleased with her. We wanted an attorney because we are buying a FSBO and we wanted a Lady Bird deed.