PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl a flop

Warren Kiefer
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
LOUSY GAME, LOUSY HALF TIME, LOUSY COMMERCIALS. BUT THE NATIONAL WAS WONDERFUL AND THE BEST EVER AT A SUPER BOWL. DENVER SHOULD HAVE SLIPPED OUT THE BACK DOOR AT HALFTIME. :cus::a040::ohdear::yuck:

nkrifats
02-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Not woth the effort to watch

DougB
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Denver should have stayed home

rdhdleo
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
LOUSY GAME, LOUSY HALF TIME, LOUSY COMMERCIALS. BUT THE NATIONAL WAS WONDERFUL AND THE BEST EVER AT A SUPER BOWL. DENVER SHOULD HAVE SLIPPED OUT THE BACK DOOR AT HALFTIME. :cus::a040::ohdear::yuck:

:agree: :22yikes:

CFrance
Good defense will overcome good offense, IMO. Too bad for Peyton. He's not even doing his fun chatter thing before the snap.

missypie
I loved the commercial where our serviceman came home to a heroes welcome in Winter Park, FL Beautiful!

Serenoa
02-02-2014, 09:50 PM

Mostly agree, but I don't think anyone will ever sing our national anthem better than Whitney Houston did in '91 at Super Bowl XXV. She set the bar very, very high. Every now & then I listen to it on YouTube, and it still gives me goose bumps.

tucson
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Seahawks deserve to win, a much stronger and better team !! :-)

Bosoxfan
02-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Maybe we can now put the Peyton Manning being the best of all time to rest.Under .500 in post season. Maybe just maybe he's in the top three but you have to put Montana & Brady head & shoulders above this big game "choke"

billethkid
02-02-2014, 11:13 PM
The Seattle team played a very controlled game. They lived up to their reputation on defense And surprised many with their offense.
Their young quarterback demonstrated excellent ability on the biggest stage in football.

I was not for either team, but quickly became attracted to Seattle. They earned.

I dismissed Super Bowl half times years ago when they became musical/Hollywood like productions.

The lady who sang the National Anthem did a nice job of keeping it simple, powerful and elegant

Barefoot
02-02-2014, 11:24 PM
I love the way Americans are so patriotic. What a wonderful display of affection for the USA. And great Budweiser ads, as always. I enjoyed the game, the Seahawks proved themselves to be a great team.

buggyone
02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Without a doubt, the Budweiser commercial with the puppy and the Clydesdales was the very best.

The SodaStream ad with ScarJo could have been axed. Too much controversy with that product.

The Bruce Willis ad for Hyundi was just plain stupid.

The ad for the beer that had some guy being taken in a limo to play pingpong with Schwerteneger was tedious.

The game, itself, was good. Seattle deserved to win. With the final score of 43-8 sure got a lot of "box" betters upset. Usually the 3's, 5's, and 8's are clear losers.

blue72
02-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Nice Dog and Pony show put on by Budweiser.

:bigbow:

2BNTV
02-03-2014, 05:41 AM

Denver did stay home!!! :D

A thorough beat down by Seattle. Seattle came to play and executed a great game plan, while Denver never got untracked. Not a competive contest at all.

I am usually pretty good at predicting outcomes but I missed by a mile on this one, as I thought Denver would win in a blowout.

As Yogi Berra said, "who woulda thunk it?".

Polar Bear
02-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Maybe we can now put the Peyton Manning being the best of all time to rest.Under .500 in post season. Maybe just maybe he's in the top three but you have to put Montana & Brady head & shoulders above this big game "choke"

It's so easy to call a game like this a "choke" by the quarterback. Yeah...all the 50+ other Broncos played a great game.

mulligan
02-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Let's face it folks. It's not the game, it's the gathering with friends and family. Sometimes known as a great excuse for a party (on a dull winter day for most of the country).

graciegirl
02-03-2014, 07:13 AM
I was not disappointed, Helene and I watched the puppy bowl and then switched channels and watched the kitten bowl. The kittens outplayed the puppies. they used footballs and there was a lot of goal post climbing and one on one tackling. The butt sniffing prowess goes to the puppies. THEY BOTH were just adorable. ADORABLE I SAY!!!!

We missed the really good commercials. AND well, ummm. But the White House dogs are cute, cute, cute.

elizabeth52
02-03-2014, 08:08 AM

They did!

kittygilchrist
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Incredible. I had to change clothes from orange to lime during the game. What a show by Seattle...

CFrance
02-03-2014, 08:13 AM
I was not disappointed, Helene and I watched the puppy bowl and then switched channels and watched the kitten bowl. The kittens outplayed the puppies. they used footballs and there was a lot of goal post climbing and one on one tackling. The butt sniffing prowess goes to the puppies. THEY BOTH were just adorable. ADORABLE I SAY!!!!

We missed the really good commercials. AND well, ummm. But the White House dogs are cute, cute, cute.
You didn't miss the good commercials... other than the puppy and Clydesdales, there weren't many!

(Although having grown up in Pittsburgh, I did like the Heinz Ketchup ad...)

It used to be you could get on You Tube and see all the commercials in one fell swoop.

SoccerCoach
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
What more can be said? The BETTER TEAM won. I think Peyton tried to throw in the towel in the 4th quarter, but it was intercepted!

BarryRX
02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
What more can be said? The BETTER TEAM won. I think Peyton tried to throw in the towel in the 4th quarter, but it was intercepted!

:bigbow:

kellyjam
02-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Re the commercials they were pretty bad. The Budweiser one I had seen earlier in the week. But there was one I really liked and nobody seems to have seen it, was the Doritos
one with the kid riding his dog with a lasso. I am putting the you tube link for it.

Doritos Super Bowl 2014 Commercial Doritos Cowboy Kid Best Super Bowl Commercials - YouTube

CFrance
02-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Re the commercials they were pretty bad. The Budweiser one I had seen earlier in the week. But there was one I really liked and nobody seems to have seen it, was the Doritos
one with the kid riding his dog with a lasso. I am putting the you tube link for it.

Doritos Super Bowl 2014 Commercial Doritos Cowboy Kid Best Super Bowl Commercials - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5192E9Pnfo)

I saw that one last week on You Tube but strangely, missed it during the game.
It was one of the few good ones.

Barefoot
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
I can't imagine watching the pomp and pageantry of the Super Bowl and thinking "what a lousy game". America is such a wonderful country, and the Super Bowl celebrated that. You citizens are lucky. The game was a tribute to the USA, from the national anthem (the words are thrilling), the huge flag, the welcome home of a hero, the first lady exercising ... Americans do it all so darn well. I really love the way this country is so patriotic. I enjoyed the football, although it appeared oddly mismatched. But even more, I enjoyed the enthusiasm around the game.

CFrance
02-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I can't imagine watching the pomp and pageantry of the Super Bowl and thinking "what a lousy game". America is such a wonderful country, and the Super Bowl celebrated that. You citizens are lucky. The game was a tribute to the USA, from the national anthem (the words are thrilling), the huge flag, the welcome home of a hero, the first lady exercising ... Americans do it all so darn well. I really love the way this country is so patriotic. I enjoyed the football, although it appeared oddly mismatched. But even more, I enjoyed the enthusiasm around the game.

Thank you for that wonderful attribute, Bare! We've heard so much criticism over the past couple of decades that it's nice to be reminded of our good points.:coolsmiley:

Madelaine Amee
02-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Bare, we need you to remind us of so much we take for granted in this great country - thank you for your very kind words.

As for the Super Bowl, it's a spectacle, it's noisy, it's just plain fun. As usual, whatever the sport may be, the better team won - the team that plays better is always going to win .................. fact of life!

TrudyM
02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Nice to have a home team that wins. Just wish I had bet on the game. All those years that someone from the office would go to vegas and place a bet for the office on the Seahawks at the beginning of the season. This year we would have cleaned up. However my fellow Seattle fans have taken the 12th man bit to the max. Can't go to a game at Century Link without earplugs. Glad to see the team could bring it when not playing in Seattle however it did rain a bit maybe it made them feel at home.

kittygilchrist
02-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I'll be watching the recording of the bowl to savor it. I was too Bronco-sick watching the game to enjoy ads, but I did enjoy watching Seattle roll. I'm so unfaithful.
Sorry, Peyton. I put on lime in the third quarter.

graciegirl
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM

AND that my dear is why I love Canadians, but Bare is my favorite.

rubicon
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
why do you suppose its called the Super Bowl? It isn't a real test for which of the two best teams play? I mean when you look at the World Cup it takes four years to climb to the top of the mountain. Its not because of the half time events. If you looked closely its the same act that has been going on since I was a kid.

Its called the super bowl because in one night more money is spent than at any other time except for the lead in to Christmas Day.

I ignored the super bowl walked by the TV at half time and shook my head.

Americans are patriots but we are losing our ingenuity and creativity and apparently our taste for quality

CFrance
02-03-2014, 02:15 PM
why do you suppose its called the Super Bowl? It isn't a real test for which of the two best teams play? I mean when you look at the World Cup it takes four years to climb to the top of the mountain. Its not because of the half time events. If you looked closely its the same act that has been going on since I was a kid.

Its called the super bowl because in one night more money is spent than at any other time except for the lead in to Christmas Day.

I ignored the super bowl walked by the TV at half time and shook my head.

Americans are patriots but we are losing our ingenuity and creativity and apparently our taste for quality

Pshaw.

Bosoxfan
02-03-2014, 08:33 PM
It's so easy to call a game like this a "choke" by the quarterback. Yeah...all the 50+ other Broncos played a great game.

Peyton is 11 wins & 13 losses in post season play.I think term " choke" fits him well!

IADCathy
02-03-2014, 08:40 PM

This post cracks me up.... and I agree totally.

2BNTV
02-04-2014, 06:07 AM

As ususal, smarter than the average Bare, says it all so eloquently. :smiley:

The Super bowl has grown into a party type event, where people get together and throw parties for their friends and family. Somehow, the game itself, loses some of it's effect, for us football purists by longer haltimes etc.

This game was more typical of many Super Bowls, as a lot of them turned out, to be blow-outs. When the games are close and going down to the wire, it is very exciting to watch with people we care about, and celebrate all that is right and good in America.

Nothing warms my heart more when Americans coming together for a good cause bcecause it's the right thing to do!!!

As my uncle Joe used to say, "I only want to do what's right"?

CFrance
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
As ususal, smarter than the average Bare, says it all so eloquently. :smiley:

The Super bowl has grown into a party type event, where people get together and throw parties for their friends and family. Somehow, the game itself, loses some of it's effect, for us football purists by longer haltimes etc.

This game was more typical of many Super Bowls, as a lot of them turned out, to be blow-outs. When the games are close and going down to the wire, it is very exciting to watch with people we care about, and celebrate all that is right and good in America.

Nothing warms my heart more when Americans coming together for a good cause because it's the right thing to do!!!

As my uncle Joe used to say, "I only want to do what's right"?

2B, you make a good point about the games themselves. Frequently the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl are much closer, more exciting games. Being from the NY general area... are you a Giants fan? Their two Super Bowls were great games.

I'm not glued to the tube at halftime, but I understand the pomp. However, I would prefer a fifth "quarter" of football!!!!!:loco:

John_W
02-04-2014, 10:42 AM

I couldn't disagree more. Let me ask, are you a casual football viewer or a die-hard? Do you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket? Have Directv? Were you a season ticket holder for an NFL team before moving to TV? Do you watch games by yourself at home or with groups at sports bars?

Since my Ravens were not playing, my interest is one who always roots for the underdog. Peyton Manning against the lowly Seahawks couldn't be more one-sided. The people in Denver thought when they signed Manning, they already won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them, last year the Ravens stood in their way and this year it was Seattle. Also, being a Baltimore fan, I'm always a fan of great defense, and Seattle certainly proves that.

I found this year's Super Bowl game was great!! I don't think I even cheered as loud last year for my own team the Ravens. I thought the commercials were pretty good and Bruno Mars put on a halftime show fitting for such a big event with plenty of energy and pumped up the crowd. Since the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my favorite bands, it was good seeing them as well. I think it's come to a point where the classic rock halftime shows have run their course. Maybe the Eagles might fill the bill, but Tom Petty proved that country rock isn't going to pump up the crowd.

CFrance
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Let me ask, are you a casual football viewer or a die-hard? Do you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket? Have Directv? Were you a season ticket holder for an NFL team before moving to TV? Do you watch games by yourself at home or with groups at sports bars?

Since my Ravens were not playing, my interest is one who always roots for the underdog. Peyton Manning against the lowly Seahawks couldn't be more one-sided. The people in Denver thought when they signed Manning, they already won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them, last year the Ravens stood in their way and this year it was Seattle. Also, being a Baltimore fan, I'm always a fan of great defense, and Seattle certainly proves that.

I found this year's Super Bowl game was great!! I don't think I even cheered as loud last year for my own team the Ravens. I thought the commercials were pretty good and Bruno Mars put on a halftime show fitting for such a big event with plenty of energy and pumped up the crowd. Since the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my favorite bands, it was good seeing them as well. I think it's come to a point where the classic rock halftime shows have run their course. Maybe the Eagles might fill the bill, but Tom Petty proved that country rock isn't going to pump up the crowd.
I think you have just said it all. (Although being from Pittsburgh, I did root for the Ravens last year as I thought it was "their" year. But that was only a one-time deal!)

This year was a drubbing, and so I concentrated on appreciating Seattle's defense.

2BNTV
02-04-2014, 11:34 AM
2B, you make a good point about the games themselves. Frequently the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl are much closer, more exciting games. Being from the NY general area... are you a Giants fan? Their two Super Bowls were great games.

I'm not glued to the tube at halftime, but I understand the pomp. However, I would prefer a fifth "quarter" of football!!!!!:loco:

Big Giants fan, who thoroughly enjoyed the two Super bowls with N.E. It's was especially exciting in that they came from nowhere both times, and won the Super Bowls in dramatic fashion.

Both games. I had my heart in my mouth, as Tom Brady almost pulled it out at the end. The first game had 35 seconds left and Tom Brady threw two long passes, if caught, would have put N.E. in a position to tie the game. No fingernails left after that one, but better known for the "helmet catch" by David Tyree.

The second game almost gave me a heart attack, as Tom Brady pass to the end zone was deflected into the air and I thought for a second, "Gronk", was going to catch it. Oh No!!!! I have to see that finish on Sportscenter, for many years to come. Great throw and catch by Manningham down the sideline on the Giants last drive. As usual, Eli, proved to be a big game QB with his cool demeanor. They don't call him "Easy" for nothing. Whatever is happening, he stays the same and gets the job done.

Two of the best finishes in the Super Bowl and let's not forget "The Wide Right" game against the Bills on the last play, the field goals sailed to,
"WIDE RIGHT". I was praying he missed on that one. Poor Scott Norwood.
What a terible thing, to be remembered for.

I don't listen to all the hype leading up to the Super Bowl, as all the experts don't have a clue who's going to win. They miss with their predictions, as much as they hit. I had all the picks right, except for the Super Bowl winner.
I missed this one by a Denver Mile, in that I tought the Bronco's would blow -out to Seahawks.

Boy, was I wrong as Seatlle mugged them into submission. They beat them in all the phases of the game. The o-line dominated, their d-line dominated, special teams dominated. Well, you get the picture.

Not a competive game but that's how most Super Bowls wind -up. That's why a party atmosphere is great.

Hat's off to Seatlle, as they proved they were the best!!!!

John_W
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Big Giants fan, who thoroughly enjoyed the two Super bowls with N.E. It's was especially exciting in that they came from nowhere both times, and won the Super Bowls in dramatic fashion...

I guess Super Bowl XXXV wasn't a great memory. :jester:

2BNTV
02-05-2014, 06:30 AM
I guess Super Bowl XXXV wasn't a great memory. :jester:

No it wasn't. Getting shut out by your Ravens, (Ray Lewis, et al). I ususally stay until the end of a game, hoping for a miracle, but I turned that game off in the fourth quarter, as they were catching a beating. :D

Most Super Bowls are flops, or one sided. That was one of them.

I always hope for a competitive game, where they are lead changes, and finally coming down to the last possession.