PDA

View Full Version : Problem with EZGo electric

BettyCrocked
02-03-2014, 09:08 AM
It charges and the meter shows charged, and I can take it on flat ground. But try to go up a hill and it completely stops. My son took it out once and he said he just stopped and let it "rest" about 5 minutes and it then made it up a medium sized hill. Then, a week later, it won't even make it up a tiny hill on the driveway. At one point I noticed a battery seemed to be oozing something, so we cleaned them and tested them (with a cheap battery tester) and they all test fine. Could this be a motor problem instead of batteries? The batteries are only about 4-5 years old.

BettyCrocked
02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
This is weird. There were two other helpful replies that have now disappeared. I wanted to thank them for the help but they're gone!
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion Rollie, in case your reply gets deleted, too!

ajbrown
02-03-2014, 09:56 AM
This is weird. There were two other helpful replies that have now disappeared. I wanted to thank them for the help but they're gone!
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion Rollie, in case your reply gets deleted, too!

Only Frank can answer questions in this forum "Ask the expert". If you want opinions from others you need to post in the forum "All about golf carts and things".

Of course then people like me might answer you and we will point out we are NOT experts but just like to chat about golf carts in TV :blahblahblah::ho:

BettyCrocked
02-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Only Frank can answer questions in this forum "Ask the expert". If you want opinions from others you need to post in the forum "All about golf carts and things".

Of course then people like me might answer you and we will point out we are NOT experts but just like to chat about golf carts in TV :blahblahblah::ho:

Oh.... Gotcha. I can see them deleting the snide remarks about electric carts and such. I just didn't think something helpful would get zapped. Especially when there are plenty of replies from people other than Frank that remain on this forum. Oh well....

Frank7
02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Maybe this will help, when someone asks a question in "This Section" it is meant to be a private question that the a
Admin allows all to see both the question & the answer so that the answer may help others.
When I Frank7 answer the question I am careful not to direct someone to do harm to themselves or others. This section of the post is reserved only for the questioner and me.
General discussion areas are for all and I do not but in.

BettyCrocked
02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I just looked and the batteries are from 2011, so they're almost 3 years old.

Frank7
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Do you have 4 -12volt Batteries or 6-8 volt batteries?

BettyCrocked
02-03-2014, 11:20 AM
It's actually a 36 volt. 6x6

I should also add that about 6 months ago, someone accidentally dropped a voltage reducer onto a post of the battery while the voltage reducer was wired up. This created a loud pop and sparks, and fried the reducer. That battery may have been damaged in this incident.