PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Servicing Options?

cabo35
11-16-2007, 09:46 PM
We bought a Yamaha gas cart from the Villages Golf Cart people over a year ago. Service is probably good but a little arrogant to deal with after the sale. Kinda like they have so much business they don't need yours. Anyone else have experience with them?

Are there other options? How are the small business mechanics that come to your home for routine service? Minor engine repairs? Any recommendations? Thanks.

jadebox
11-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Have used Steve's and would never use them again.They equiped our carts with antique lights and when the bulbs blew out we had to have all the wiring changed at our expense. Started using Ken Spano and have nothing but good things to say about the service. Not long ago our cart was loosing power. Called him and he came out the next day. Turned out the GFI plug had popped so the cart had not charged. He showed us what was wrong and refused any money at all for coming by our house. He said he was nearby anyway and had done nothing. Could not believe it!!!!

golfnut
11-17-2007, 03:21 AM
I too have used Ken Spano and recommend them.

Barefoot
11-17-2007, 01:09 PM
I too have used Ken Spano and recommend them.

It would be much appreciated if you could provide a telephone number for Ken.

jadebox
11-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't have the Daily Sun in front of me right now. You can find his ad in the classifieds. We need to tell him we heard about him through TOTV.

golfnut
11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Ken Spano's telephone number is 804-0722.

Barefoot
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Ken Spano's telephone number is 804-0722.

Thanks Golfnut, I've added it to my address book. This is my first cart .. I'm assuming every golf cart, gas or electric, needs to be serviced periodically?

golfnut
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Main thing with electric is to keep batteries filled with DISTILLED water, I fill mine once a week after they have been charged.

bargee
11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Ken Spano is the best hands down :bigthumbsup:

eujaynia
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm so glad I remembered reading these posts a few months ago!

We bought a golf cart in July 2007 from:

Village Motorcars Incorporated
102 N Us Highway 441
Lady Lake, FL 32159 Map
(352) 753-5707

Moral of the story ... CHECK BUSINESSES OUT! Well, that was before I knew of TOTV. :(
Anyone else here make the mistake of buying from this person? BTW, he isn't there anymore. Not sure when he skipped out. We bought the cart in March 2007. We were here in July 2007 but were not over that way at that time. Only when getting down her for our snowbird time, did we realize the lights point to the heavens, the blinkers now don't work, and upon arrival, the battery was dead as a doornail. Al had disconnected it before leaving in July. The guys were John & Dave ... father & son.

Thanks for the recommendation. I love this site!!!!

eujaynia (aka Rebekah)

fiddlemyre
01-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I recently had Spano put in a high speed motor in my club car. The service was excellent and he only charged about $400.00 for the upgrade. Golf Cart Connection wanted $600. Cart will go up to 24 mph, climb hils without a problem,etc.. Have reccommended him to two neighbors without regrets.

Hope2b
01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I recently had Spano put in a high speed motor in my club car. The service was excellent and he only charged about $400.00 for the upgrade. Golf Cart Connection wanted $600. Cart will go up to 24 mph, climb hils without a problem,etc.. Have reccommended him to two neighbors without regrets.

SSShhh we have to quit saying how good he is. He will have so many people calling him he will not be able to get to us. ;D