PDA

View Full Version : Poverty nearby....

chachacha
02-21-2014, 11:07 PM
tonight i attended a concert for the benefit of the 45,000 poor people who live in the ocala national forest...the minister who has been working among these people for 22 years is Pastor David Houck and his email is
david.saltlife@gmail.com the website for his charity is sozokids.org
if anyone wants to donate anything useful to these families, especially the children, he would be very grateful....he announced that having the Villages here now has been a Godsend as far as helping raise funds. the website contains a short video which will acquaint you with their work. by the way the concert was phenomenal!

mrfixit
02-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Thank You for supporting such a worthy cause.
I appreciate your caring about the children.

Pastor Houck actually spent some of his early years
as a child of the Forest. He is sincere in his efforts.

We CAN make a difference and help to change the path of a Child.

Pastor Dave Houck always welcomes our caring....and...
welcomes you to make a difference in the life of these children.

PLEASE....
These children can be RESCUED and we need your HELP.

Go HERE>>>>> SoZo Kids | Silver Springs, FL (http://www.sozokids.org) <<<<...
...to learn more...or...sponsor a child...or...
learn how you can take a tour of the facilities and forest...
...and...SEE for ourselves how we can help these children.

Questions, Concerns and IDEAS are Always welcome.

If you live in Central Florida... or... overlooking Central Park, NYC...
please consider offering some of your time, money or prayers.

TOGETHER we can make this happen.

JBarracks
02-22-2014, 07:41 AM
I remember those poor souls standing at off ramps up North from late Spring to early Fall. I've wondered where they go in the Winter.

Bonny
02-22-2014, 09:48 AM
The Parrot Heads have donated quite alot to help these people as well as taking up collections for the kids. There is definitely a big need.

justjim
02-22-2014, 10:06 AM
I knew there were homeless in the Ocala Forest but 45,000!! No idea there were that many.

chachacha
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
sorry, i just watched the video again and mentioned 7500 people....maybe it was 45,000 acres of national forest!

Madelaine Amee
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM
sorry, i just watched the video again and mentioned 7500 people....maybe it was 45,000 acres of national forest!

7,500 is still a horrifying number and with all the money in this country this should not be happening. We are wasting the potential of those 7,500 humans be they young or old.

This may not be popular on this board - but what does one call a country that does not take care of it's own, but sends millions to third world countries which probably goes straight into the coffers of the dictators.

chachacha
02-25-2014, 07:51 PM
i am sure these people must receive some sort of govt assistance but the aim of the Help Agency is to rescue the children from the cycle of poverty by providing meals, after school activities, summer camp and mentors, as well as material things such as books and clothing. i think charity is more wholesome for everyone than welfare, both the recipient and the giver. helping improve their dilapidated abandoned trailers is of utmost importance. i agree it is a shame that this is happening in our country, and unfortunately there are more and more homeless being created every day. i know many of our villages organizations give to this charity but am just trying to make as many as possible aware of the need....very sad.

NoMoSno
02-25-2014, 08:05 PM

renielarson
02-25-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd like to see their 501 c3 form. Anyone have a link for it?

tommy steam
02-25-2014, 11:27 PM
I'd like to see their 501 c3 form. Anyone have a link for it?

May I ask, what is that for?

redwitch
02-26-2014, 12:58 AM
501(c)3 form is the form that makes an organization tax-exempt, shows that it is non-profit.

tommy steam
02-26-2014, 09:48 AM
501(c)3 form is the form that makes an organization tax-exempt, shows that it is non-profit.

Thank you

striveforhealth
02-26-2014, 10:26 AM
You can go to GuideStar nonprofit reports and Forms 990 for donors, grantmakers and businesses (http://www.guidestar.org) to check on that type of info re: 501 c:3 organizations