PDA

View Full Version : DRIVEWAY PAVERS

EYANKOWSKI
11-30-2007, 08:51 PM
HAS ANYBODY USED A&C EXTERIORS TO HAVE THERE DRIVWAY PAVED AND IF SO
WERE YOU PLEASED WITH THERE WORK AND ALSO HOW WERE THEY PAID

johnfarr
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Carlos started out pressure washing houses, which he still does. He also had a lawn mowing service (500+ homes), but I believe he no longer offers that service. He now specializes in landscaping and driveway pavers. He is a likable guy and has hard-working crews. He does what he says - and on time. A small down payment was all that was needed. The balance given on completion of the job.

I used them last year for landscaping and they did a GREAT job! Received 6 estimates and theirs was the lowest price, and judging from my neighbors' experiences with some other landscape contractors we found the right company.

I believr they started installing pavers in November '06. I was thinking about having it done and looked at a few of their projects. They did a beautiful job and will give you addresses so you can check their work, too!

DENNIS G
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
HAS ANYBODY USED A&C EXTERIORS TO HAVE THERE DRIVWAY PAVED AND IF SO
WERE YOU PLEASED WITH THERE WORK AND ALSO HOW WERE THEY PAID

Don't use Choice Landscapes/Stoneworks. They did a good job, but I have had some crack, and we can't get them to repair them. Had to hire another at a cost of $400. to make the repairs. We called them 8 times and did not get our calls returned.

Bodinky
01-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I used OLD WORLD PAVERS and would not recommend them to anyone......we had a warranty problem with our pavers turning a dark color, this was in 11/06. Old world came out and check them and told us we were the 9th customer to have this problem and they were working with the manufacturer to get them replaced. Well here it is 1/08 and we still don't have any idea who or when these pavers will be replaced, many phone calls to OLD WORLD PAVERS but never any returned, my next step is the BBB, and to contact the County Contractors license dept. We paid $4200.00 for these pavers and they look very bad. Any suggestion please let me know.

Skip
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
My understanding is that if they don't put the pavers on a sand base (and right on the concrete) you will get cracked pavers. Who had there driveway done with a sand base? And how are they holding up?

Skip

jtdraig
01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Trouble is that eventually sand washes away and you wind up with cracked pavers. I naively assumed that the paving company (Old World) would level the slab but apparently that didn't happen. We've had our driveway in now for a little over two years and they have replaced a number of pavers which have cracked. The only solution I see is to get a tube of "mortar-like" adhesive and as they crack level the new paver. Joint sand has to be replaced every year or so and resealing needs to be done at that time. Our driveway looks pretty but there is significant maintenance that I really didn't expect.