PDA

View Full Version : Replying with quoting another's post

CFrance
03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the "quote" system has gone wacky? When I reply to someone's post, somehow their post content ends up being attributed to me. And so on. It seems like everyone who is quoted is being mis-identified.

It's particularly noticeable in the thread about Another Tragic Incident.

03-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the "quote" system has gone wacky? When I reply to someone's post, somehow their post content ends up being attributed to me. And so on. It seems like everyone who is quoted is being mis-identified.

It's particularly noticeable in the thread about Another Tragic Incident.

Just testing.... quoting cfrance post to see how it looks.

03-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Just testing.... quoting cfrance post to see how it looks.
now doing quick reply to my message with "quote" checked on

so, it quoted my post but not the post I quoted.

Will need more symptoms of what actions/buttons people were using when getting strange results.

CFrance
03-03-2014, 01:59 PM
If you go to the last page of the "One more tragic incident" thread, you will see what I mean. It's difficult to explain. For instance, I was the one who posted the Australian gun laws, but in post #43 it's attributed to TexaninVA. And then in his reply, #44, his remark is quoted as being mine. And it goes on.

ajbrown
03-03-2014, 02:16 PM
[quote=CFrance;838758]If you go to the last page of the "One more tragic incident" thread, you will see what I mean. It's difficult to explain. For instance, I was the one who posted the Australian gun laws, but in post #43 it's attributed to TexaninVA. And then in his reply, #44, his remark is quoted as being mine. And it goes on.

<Alan started typing here...>
What happens is someone QUOTES a post and deletes the end quote tag.

As you can see this post does not look right. As people quote this new post it will get stranger until a poster sees issue and resolves it in their post.

graciegirl
03-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Yep. You have to scroll down enough before you type to stay outside or past the end quote or you will become part of the quote itself.