PDA

View Full Version : How to get newspaper ink off upholstery

Lauren Sweeny
03-16-2014, 09:09 AM
I noticed how dirty arms of favorite chair are. What product ,not hired company ,can I get to scrub this off? Have you used this product,where do I purchase it?
I have found rug cleaners in can but nothing specific for upholstery. Thanks

saratogaman
03-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Woolite has an aerosol upholstery cleaner, available in the super market.
Easy-to-use directions.

gomoho
03-16-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm glad you brought this up - I noticed my robe is always dirty from ink from the paper. Try to keep it off the upholstery because of that issue. Wonder why the papers can't print with ink that doesn't rub off???:confused:

getdul981
03-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Wonder why the papers can't print with ink that doesn't rub off???:confused:

$$$$$$

Sable99
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure about newspaper ink but hairspray takes out ink. Just spray the item and throw it in the washer. Obviously you can't do that with upholstery!

rubicon
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
I just take armchair covers and place them in the wash machine but then ignorance is bliss

Shimpy
03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Wonder why the papers can't print with ink that doesn't rub off???:confused:

The Palm Beach Post, Florida, several years ago announced that they were going to ink that didn't rub off and it worked great. But.....maybe a year or so later without any announcement I noticed that the ink once again did rub off. I suspect that the superior ink just cost them more and wasn't worth it to them.

2BNTV
03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure about newspaper ink but hairspray takes out ink. Just spray the item and throw it in the washer. Obviously you can't do that with upholstery!

:agree:

Use to work on my shirts, when I carried pens in the breast pocket.

WHEW - Close call, as I almost left the "r" off in shirts. LOL