PDA

View Full Version : Attic Fan

PennyAnn
03-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone
Does anyone know the temperature we should set the auto fan in the garage attic at?
We bought two years ago, and just realized the fan was turned off....
Thanks for any information.

Topspinmo
04-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Most recommend 100 to 110 for summer settings, you may get by at 95 if it don't want to run all the time at that setting. Can it be programmed? is so, you wouldn't want the night time setting below 80 degrees or it may run all night. Again depending on temps time of the year. You can also probably google and see what's recommended.

2BNTV
04-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Would a solar fan atomatically work, in the correct temperature?

Having one installed Monday, 4/14 by "The Solar Guys".

I will ask Eddie, (TSG), and post his statement.

rjm1cc
04-13-2014, 06:18 PM
The first question is how much of the replacement air is coming from the air conditioned living space. The more leaks then the higher I would set the temperature. Assuming no leakage I would try 10 to 15 degrees higher than your average day time temp. Say 110. Unfortunately I do not know the scientific answer.

Villageshooter
04-13-2014, 06:51 PM
the big question is not what to set it to turn on (95 is ideal) but u must have a max temp turn off ,, that is because if u ever have a fire in ur home an attic fan will fuel a fire to make ur home burn many many times faster! turn on temp will only make ur fan work harder to get under temp.

villagetinker
04-14-2014, 01:42 PM
First, solar units do not work at night........ I just installed a 1100 cfm fan in the garage to exhaust to the attic. Fan was equipped with a thermostat that I have set at ~95 degrees, I was in the garage today, and the indoor/outdoor thermometer I have installed in the attic was showing 104 degrees at the peak when the fan went on. Temperature dropped bay almost 15 to 20 degrees when the fan kicked on. NOTE: the thermostat is located near the fan, much closer to ceiling level, so it needs to be set lower then the temperature level at the roof peak. Fan runs until attic is cool.

Hope this helps.