PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so, Roger Clemens!

redwitch
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I always knew Barry Bonds used roids. There was no question in my mind that Conseco and McGwire got all this nice, pretty, long hits because of drug enhancement, but ROGER CLEMENS???? He never, ever crossed my mind as being a user and abuser. I used to love baseball.

There was nothing better than sneaking a transistor radio into school and listening to the World Series. Taking the day off to watch my beloved Royals when they were in town was as good as it got. Watching a no-hitter was this side of heaven to me. I actually loved a good, defensive game more than a slug out.

Then they had a mean, ugly strike to take some of the joy out of the game. Then steroids took the beauty out of a home run -- how special is it when it comes from something giving you superhuman strength rather than just your talent? Now they named Roger as a using steroids. It truly breaks my heart!

schotzyb
12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I think we will all be either a little shocked or at least surprised when the final list of 60-80 names come out. Lots of Yankees on the list from what I am hearing.

RAB
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Just not surprised that Clemens is one the list............40ish and still pitching in MLB...Hello. Just to much money in sports today. Nobody should be shocked to see their favorite players involved.

chuckinca
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
A local orthopedic surgeon here in the Bay Area is linked to Barry Bonds and his steroid issues.

The doctor's twin sons were involved with a failed steroid test and removed themselves from the USC football team last summer.

MMC24
12-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Sadly, Roger is on the list. He was a sure bet for selection in the first round to the Hall of Fame now he will never make it. According to the report, he won 3 of his Cy Young's & 146 games during this time. Ouch!!! :realmad:

chuckinca
12-14-2007, 05:01 AM
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are the next superstars to be exposed as steroid users!

redwitch
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Don't think Roger will make first list but think he will make it -- probably with an asterisk. What an ugly way to be remembered.

BTW -- 40 isn't that unusual in baseball. Babe Ruth retired at 42 and could still pitch a good game and swing a mean bat.

Gates on steroids is a scary image.