PDA

View Full Version : Swim instructor for grandkids April 1 to 5

joanstlcc
03-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know of a swim teacher available (will pay) next week for 2 granddaughters ages 3 and 5? Could be for a couple of short sessions at neighborhood pool?

Mudder
03-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Don't think teaching is allowed in a neighborhood pool.

bkcunningham1
03-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know of a swim teacher available (will pay) next week for 2 granddaughters ages 3 and 5? Could be for a couple of short sessions at neighborhood pool?

I don't know if this will work, but I have a hunch that it might. This is the contact information for the woman who developed Aquashyne. She may be able to help you. I'm not saying to take your grandchildren to AquaShyne. You couldn't if you wanted to anyway since it is for resident women only, but I bet she can help you. Bon/ "Coach" 352-552-6189 or waterbug40@yahoo.com

Aqua~SHYNE - *SHYNE Contact (http://www.aquashyne.com/-SHYNE-Contact.html)

If that doesn't work, try Perry's Swim School - Private Swimming Lessons - 352-732-5540 (http://www.perryswimschool.com/) . My 4-year old granddaughter is taking swim lessons at Perry's Swim School and it is amazing to watch her progress. Good luck and have fun!

I want to welcome you to Talk of the Villages too. I hope you participate in the forum. Please, let me know how it turns out with the lessons and other fun things you do with your grandchildren.

mickey100
03-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Diane Castle has taught numerous classes for novice swimmers at the Villages learning College. She is excellent and great with kids. I know she does private swim lessons. You can contact her at 352-633-9345

renielarson
03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Don't think teaching is allowed in a neighborhood pool.

We took our grandchildren to the Family Pool and over the course of their visits taught them how to swim. Please tell me where you get your information that teaching swimming is not allowed in a pool here.

mulligan
03-29-2014, 04:38 AM
We took our grandchildren to the Family Pool and over the course of their visits taught them how to swim. Please tell me where you get your information that teaching swimming is not allowed in a pool here.

The poster said neighborhood pool where no classes or people under 30 are allowed.

bkcunningham1
03-29-2014, 05:37 AM
Diane Castle has taught numerous classes for novice swimmers at the Villages learning College. She is excellent and great with kids. I know she does private swim lessons. You can contact her at 352-633-9345

I had forgotten that there are swim classes through the Lifelong Learning College. Excellent advise.

nitehawk
03-29-2014, 07:36 AM
#1 post------- fishing ????

zonerboy
03-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Difficult problem.
It is true that grandchildren under the age of 30 are not permitted to use neighborhood pools. Nor would they be allowed in sports pools. Any "lessons" would have to be conducted at a family pool associated with a rec center. You would have to check with rec center employees to see if a private instructor could use the pool to give swim lessons.
Good luck.

graciegirl
03-29-2014, 08:03 AM
I am sure lessons would benefit little ones, but so is playing with them in the water, first with " swimmies" to make them feel secure and to accidently get a little water in their faces. Our kids and grandkids with close supervision on their own became comfortable with the water. I don't think the OP was hoping for them to master the crawl just to learn to hold their breath and be comfortable?

Just my thoughts.

Mudder
03-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Of course you can "teach" your grandkids to swim in the family pools. However I don't think anyone can get paid to teach in any venue that is for residents to enjoy. A teacher can volunteer to teach anything, but for pay only thru Learning College. A person can teach in their own private pool I suppose but there is liability issue. Also when learning to swim there are definite proven methods, like anything else.....just because you can swim doesn't make a person a good safe teacher.

jblum315
03-29-2014, 10:35 AM
If you can find someone with a resident card who can teach your grand kids to swim, they can certainly do it in a family pool. No one needs to know that you're paying cousin x for the lessons.

mickey100
03-29-2014, 11:32 AM
If you can find someone with a resident card who can teach your grand kids to swim, they can certainly do it in a family pool. No one needs to know that you're paying cousin x for the lessons.

I agree. They could show the kids some basics, let them splash around a little. It isn't like they're going to swim laps.

joanstlcc
03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Thank you

joanstlcc
03-29-2014, 04:26 PM
thank you

joanstlcc
03-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will follow up on these. Joan