PDA

View Full Version : Calendar

barb1191
12-25-2007, 03:21 AM
How does one add dates to calendar here? No easy task, I think. :dontknow:

barb1191

KathieI
12-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Barb, I agree. I had a hard time doing it also. Maybe I'll ask admins to help.

Muncle
12-25-2007, 06:26 AM
How does one add dates to calendar here? No easy task, I think. :dontknow:

barb1191

Barb, that is an excellent question. I've been searching for the answer for years., but especially since I moved here to TV. For instance, I would love to add a few days to October, November, March, and April. If, as I fear, we are limited to 365 for the year (or 366 when applicable), I'd gladly sacrifice a few from July and early August. If we've no yearly limit, let's just add about 5 or 6 days to each month I suggested. Question though, do you think these days would count toward our allotted three score and twenty, or would they be add-ons?

KathieI
12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Posting an Event to the Calendar

Where this option has been configured (it's not standard 'out of the box'), you can post an event by selecting Calendar from the main menu followed by Post Event from the calendar screen. What you see now is a Start new topic screen with supplementary fields for the event title, date and target board, which simply add your event to the calendar and create a link back to your post in that board.

Barb, et al: Found this on the Help link on TOTV, but haven't tried it yet (it still sounds a little confusing to me, but maybe you'll understand it). Hopefully this will help us post our birthdays and the monthly get-togethers on the calendar. Its a good start anyway. Kathie

Barefoot
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Barb, that is an excellent question. I've been searching for the answer for years., but especially since I moved here to TV. For instance, I would love to add a few days to October, November, March, and April. If, as I fear, we are limited to 365 for the year (or 366 when applicable), I'd gladly sacrifice a few from July and early August. If we've no yearly limit, let's just add about 5 or 6 days to each month I suggested. Question though, do you think these days would count toward our allotted three score and twenty, or would they be add-ons?

Muncle :a20:

Barefoot
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM

schotzyb
12-25-2007, 09:11 PM
An administrator or someone in the know must have posted all the birthdays because mine is posted and I did not do it.

villages07
12-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Barb, et al....

The calendar picks up birthdays from the birthdate you entered into your TOTV user profile...check out the USER CP link next to "Welcome Back.....(your handle)" at the top left of the TOTV main page. If you enter the year part of your birthdate it will also put your age on the calendar for your birthday.

Pete
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I think I have it figgered out but i don't have anything going on any certain day.

for 'stance what would i say in this box you are looking at for the TOTV get-together?

Click on the name for the birthday and see where that takes you, once you put an event in it will direct you back to here for info. of the event. :dontknow:

Pete
12-25-2007, 10:12 PM
i just reread my last post, it don't make sense.

i will think of something to put a date to and info. to revert to, later, got to go prime my mind now.

JFYI Kath told me to use that avatar!

KathieI
12-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Pete, the scary thing is, it made sense to me!! That's frightening :yikes:

07 just entered the first meeting date in January and that helped me to understand how to do it. Hopefully, 07 will do the remaining dates for the rest of the year. That's what she gets for being a smart aleck!! :clap2:

She also explained how birthdays are entered on the calendar and the reason mine didn't show up, was that I had the month and year reversed on my profile, duh!! :redface:

Now that I fixed that, my birthday is on the calendar. So let's not forget Sept. 1, Labor Day!!!

Kathie