PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE to paint pictures of dogs.

graciegirl
04-04-2014, 06:39 AM
We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

I know we would all enjoy seeing closeup's of your loved dogs.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.

Golfingnut
04-04-2014, 06:49 AM
37062we don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago i purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with cfrance's dog crosby and then on to bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and biggins who i just began his picture below. I painted mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of heidi, from his mom. When i am finished, i would love to paint, for free, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and i really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, for free, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of bare's biggins. I know his eyes are darker bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And i have just started his nose. He is so cute.

This is our Mr. Buster

Your friend, Golfingnut

Trayderjoe
04-04-2014, 06:56 AM
We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.

How kind of you Gracie! :BigApplause: :BigApplause: :BigApplause:

Cedwards38
04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Well done indeed!:BigApplause:

Jaggy
04-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!

Golfingnut
04-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!

I understand completely. Mr. Buster is blind, deaf and 18 years old, but about 3 PM he lets us know it is time to go for a golf cart ride to get the mail. His nose goes 90 miles an hour all the way there and back. I love him so much, I may go with him when the time comes.

shcisamax
04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
WHAT A GREAT THREAD! Gracie you are just the cat's meow...or should I say the dog's bark....It put a smile on my face to have a thread that is related to being wonderfully engaged in enjoying life and giving joy to others rather than moaning about the petty inconveniences of what are amazing times in our lives. THANK YOU GRACIE FOR STARTING MY DAY WITH A JOYFUL SMILE. BTW: I can't post a photo of Duncan..it is that nincumpoop syndrome..but will email you one if you like. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way in few moments nearby to you to Buffalo Ridge because he has something in his paw which he can't stop licking incessantly and, typical of brilliant Aussies, he manages to get off the collar, bandages, the socks, every contraption I put on to keep him from making it worse. :)

Golfingnut
04-04-2014, 07:36 AM
I will second that emotion. I get up early and listen to last nights news and it leaves me depressed. A thread like Gracie gave us here has changed my gloom to a big smile. Thank you Gracie. Give us a new reason to get off on the right foot every morning.

Lou
Golfingnut.

OpusX1
04-04-2014, 08:01 AM
You are doing a good job. Biggins looks like Biggins.

Taltarzac725
04-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Sport knows Biggins and Millie.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/taltarzac725/sportdoggiedoorunrun001_zps22253a3a.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/taltarzac725/media/sportdoggiedoorunrun001_zps22253a3a.jpg.html)

The top picture is by Debra Raskin. The bottom is by Grace who is one of the many Graces who come to Doggie Doo Run Run.

Some more of Ms. Raskin's pictures-- http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/debra-raskin.html?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=124718

Sport is struggling with heart disease so he does not come to Doggie Doo Run Run as much as he would like to.

shcisamax
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I am amazed at the endless talents of you, Gracie! You are really good!

marianne237
04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Gracie, you just made my day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness. And, you can't prove to me that you're just an amateur painter. Happiness with your latest hobby.

Carl in Tampa
04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Gracie, how very thoughtful and loving of you. You are making a lot of people very happy, including many who will derive joy from having a watercolor of their pets who are no longer with them.

You are a great asset to our community.

skyguy79
04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Wow Gracie! The popularity of your talents are going to get you so bogged down that I might have to learn to paint just to help you keep up with the orders! :D

redwitch
04-04-2014, 02:56 PM
The ever-so-gracious Gracie (no, I'm not being snide nor sarcastic). What a wonderful offer. LMK when you're ready to do a kitty cat. I would dearly love one of my recently departed Gabby and my lovable Bo.

Bonanza
04-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Gracie -- you are sooooooo very kind. It's no wonder that just about everyone loves you, except for a possible one or two people who have no taste!

I will have to take some close-ups of ours, but was wondering if kitties fall into your realm of interest???

CFrance
04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Here is Gracie's first attempt at painting a dog with watercolors. She nailed his "look" and the eyes perfectly. In fact, she nailed the whole thing, but the way she got the eyes is amazing. I tried to post the picture, but they won't let me because it's been posted before. You can find it here:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/gracies-artistic-talent-104019/

tainsley
04-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Charlie Magee would love to have his portrait done Gracie!

CFrance
04-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Charlie Magee would love to have his portrait done Gracie!

Charlie Magee looks like he's begging you to paint him, Gracie! How can you resist?

KathieI
04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Not only is Gracie's offer so wonderful, but I get a chance to Ohhhh and Ahhh over all these adorable doggy pictures people have posted... Now I'm gonna post a picture of the terror, Maggie Mae!!! I'd love for you to paint her, Gracie, she's the light of my life (or one of them)...

Barefoot
04-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Gracie, you are a class act. :thumbup:

Brutus, Lollipop and Biggins applaud you. :clap2:

dodaneodwyer
04-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Here's a picture of my baby. Her name is Doggie! I would love to have you paint her!

Baileysmom
04-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Gracie, you are truly amazing. I hope when I grow up I can be exactly like you. :) So talented and generous. My best to Helene and Henry and a great big hug for you sweet lady. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 05:42 AM
Gracie, you are truly amazing. I hope when I grow up I can be exactly like you. :) So talented and generous. My best to Helene and Henry and a great big hug for you sweet lady. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ellen. I love you and want a close up of BAILEY. Although every single face on this thread makes me want to try to capture them RIGHT now, I don't want to disappoint ANYONE so I will try to line them up in order. I am also waiting for a close up of DUNCAN. Today I finish Biggins portrait and start on Heidi. I had no idea Heidi was no longer with us and that makes me so sad. Her owner is the kindest and most quietly gentle messenger of caring things to others. She sends cards and surprises to people if they are sick or down and brings no attention to herself.

I love so many people on this forum. It is the source of so much happiness for me and Henry and Helene. Thank you all.

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 05:58 AM
I WILL DO IT. I can't take a photo of him right now because he has a HUGE cone around his head which he is really not happy about so he will not only look absurd but look pretty annoyed too! I will go into my phone and find one or better yet come over and he can lay on the couch for a nude :)

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Second stage of paint applied to Biggins picture. He is so many colors and his eyes are so hidden. They won't be this light when it's finished. What a cute guy he is. When this dries I will put finishing touches on. I never KNEW you can kind of layer colors on watercolor paintings. This gettin' old stuff is so much fun for trying things you always wanted to do.

CFrance
04-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Second stage of paint applied to Biggins picture. He is so many colors and his eyes are so hidden. They won't be this light when it's finished. What a cute guy he is.

Looks just like the Biggins I met. I believe Biggins is presently romping in the waves at Flagler Beach with his owners. Can you paint a wet Biggins, Gracie?

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm trying...problems with apple computer...grrrrr, as Duncan would say.

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I think I have done it? This should be a photo of Duncan in his northern attire. I will forward one of him with his southern marine cut when the cone is off his head and you can decide which one you would like to do. I am so excited!

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Holy Moly! I DID IT!

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 11:39 AM
I think I have done it? This should be a photo of Duncan in his northern attire. I will forward one of him with his southern marine cut when the cone is off his head and you can decide which one you would like to do. I am so excited!

He is so beautiful and sooooo ornery. I hardly recognized him without M and M's on his lips.

getdul981
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Wonderful thing you are doing Gracie. I may post a picture of Katie and Allie for you when you get caught up. LOL!!!

Can you paint a wet Biggins, Gracie?

I believe they are all wet....initially.

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 01:02 PM
He is so beautiful and sooooo ornery. I hardly recognized him without M and M's on his lips.

LOL. Yea, I don't think we need to memorialize that photo...although he did have a really big smile :)

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Here is Biggins. Now I am going to draw Heidi.

CFrance
04-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Wow, he is gorgeous.

Golfingnut
04-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Does the term Biggins come from married with children?

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 01:59 PM

I wish I had a talent like you. I can't wait to see your new paintings and I can't believe how quickly you do them. Prolific...that's the word for you Gracie!

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Wow, he is gorgeous.

God compensated for all his mischievousness with beauty. He uses it to play us.

He is not quite so majestic with the marine cut. It is kind of like cutting Samson's hair :) But, oddly enough, he looks a lot younger as we all do with a good haircut.

CFrance
04-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Hopefully, here are Biggins and Lollipop at the beach.

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 02:19 PM
What a wonderful romp they are having, I am sure.

Barefoot
04-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Does the term Biggins come from married with children?

No. Actually just I searched my mind (a small place) for names and Biggins somehow fit. :doggie:

Golfingnut
04-06-2014, 03:30 PM
No. Actually just I searched my mind (a small place) for names and Biggins somehow fit. :doggie:

LOL. Don't tell my wife I posted that. She will give me a smack. It sounded funny when I said it, but not now. Sorry.

Love Lou

CFrance
04-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Actually, that's a terrific picture. Biggins looks like Lollipop's Mini Me.:clap2:

shcisamax
04-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Gracie will you post all the dogs you paint? Biggins was a tease.

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Someone posted a picture of a beautiful white dog that had passed away and said they would like me to paint this beautiful creature. Now I don't see it.

Perhaps it was sent to me in email? I thought it was next on the list after Heidi. I have Heidi sketched in so I wanted to let that person know that I would try very hard to capture this loved dog. Wonder WHERE the picture is now????

Perhaps it was too hard to look at the picture. If you see this, I would love to try to paint your dear animal.

graciegirl
04-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Gracie will you post all the dogs you paint? Biggins was a tease.

Here is Bare's other dog who I knew before he crossed the rainbow bridge.

CFrance
04-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Awwwwwwww!

Carl in Tampa
04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
This is the one we discussed by e-mail. I'll bring by a better quality print.

Roxie.

Barefoot
04-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Here is Bare's other dog who I knew before he crossed the rainbow bridge.

Gracie .. Brutus has been gone since 2010 and I still miss him so much. However this wonderful picture keeps him alive and honors him.

Barefoot
04-06-2014, 09:59 PM

We are staying at a pet- friendly motel in Flagler Beach and romping on a pet-friendly beach.
The dogs are in seventh heaven.

lovsthosebigdogs
04-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Gracie, I have been away out of state visiting my 92 year old treasure of an aunt for a few days and what a wonderful surprise to come home to you generous offer to paint our beloved dogs. You always come up with something more generous and wonderful than the last post and out do yourself each time. This offer is so amazing I'm just blown away by it!! The ones you have posted so far have been so fantastic! You are so talented. I'm afraid you might have your hands full, but here are pictures of my babies. This one is Luca.

CFrance
04-07-2014, 12:54 PM
If I might make a suggestion, Roz--how about a head shot of all three? The ultimate challenge for Gracie.

lovsthosebigdogs
04-07-2014, 01:02 PM
OMG, CFrance, a huge challenge for ME trying to get that picture!!!! I think I will wait til I get to TV for YOU to take that picture and then Gracie might want to try painting it after that. For now I will give her one at a time and dear Gracie can make up her mind if she wants to try her hand at it or wait. I don't have a photographer worthy of the challenge around here. My DH doesn't have the patience to wait til I try to set all my babies up for a picture I'm afraid. Do I hear an offer?
For now, here's Zander and Mishka (Zander is champagne and white and Mishka is darker and white)

CFrance
04-07-2014, 01:04 PM
OMG, CFrance, a huge challenge for ME trying to get that picture!!!! I think I will wait til I get to TV for YOU to take that picture and then Gracie might want to try painting it after that. For now I will give her one at a time and dear Gracie can make up her mind if she wants to try her hand at it or wait. I don't have a photographer worthy of the challenge around here. My DH doesn't have the patience to wait til I try to set all my babies up for a picture I'm afraid. Do I hear an offer?

Yes! And I just got a new camera.

lovsthosebigdogs
04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes! And I just got a new camera.

You have no idea how delighted I am and how much trouble you are in, LOL!!!!!

lovsthosebigdogs
04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I think we should have a gallery showing of all of Gracie's dog pictures one day (of course, AFTER I get there). Wouldn't that be fun? Everyone brings a luncheon dish and we all have lunch or a picnic or something, maybe with their dog, and we look at Gracie's doggie gallery of artwork. Pets, Portraits and a Picnic or something.

CFrance
04-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I think we should have a gallery showing of all of Gracie's dog pictures one day (of course, AFTER I get there). Wouldn't that be fun? Everyone brings a luncheon dish and we all have lunch or a picnic or something, maybe with their dog, and we look at Gracie's doggie gallery of artwork. Pets, Portraits and a Picnic or something.
That's a great idea! Sea Breeze has an outdoor covered pavilion. I'm sure other big rec centers do too.

graciegirl
04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Roz. Such beautiful creatures. I can't wait to TRY to capture them. Here is the first layer of paint for Heidi whose mom is a dear woman and a treasured friend.

I will try to paint Sport after Heidi, Tal.

Susan G
04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=graciegirl;856179]We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face./QUOTE]

Here is MIDNIGHT who just crossed Rainbow Bridge at the age of 17. Wonderful gesture, Gracie, and what a special memento to be painted by YOU!

Didiwinbob
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
3742737428374293743037432first time attempting to upload. Gypsy (mixed breed) & Scoob ( Shar Pei). I wish I had a smidgen of your artistic talent. Looks like you have many subjects, enjoy.
Chris

kittygilchrist
04-07-2014, 09:16 PM
oh my, which picture? Emma, the love of my life...probably not this one, titled "Intergalactic Bada$$"

lovsthosebigdogs
04-08-2014, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=graciegirl;856179]We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face./QUOTE]

Here is MIDNIGHT who just crossed Rainbow Bridge at the age of 17. Wonderful gesture, Gracie, and what a special memento to be painted by YOU!

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss of Midnight. Midnight had such beautiful, soulful eyes. I feel your pain. You were blessed with 17 wonderful years together, but no matter how long they live, it doesn't stop the hurt in our hearts after they are gone. So very sorry. Sending hugs in your grief.

Ruthtomnorma3
04-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Gracie will you do the honors & please show us the finished painting?
Looking forward to it.

Also, I sent you a pm.

Taltarzac725
04-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Roz. Such beautiful creatures. I can't wait to TRY to capture them. Here is the first layer of paint for Heidi whose mom is a dear woman and a treasured friend.

I will try to paint Sport after Heidi, Tal.

Would love to see your picture of Sport. I kept all the pictures of him up even though we had to take put him to sleep yesterday morning (April 7, 2014). It hurts but I find I recover quicker if I face things straight on except for the trivial things which I usually just shake off.

Taltarzac725
04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
[quote=Susan G;858499]

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss of Midnight. Midnight had such beautiful, soulful eyes. I feel your pain. You were blessed with 17 wonderful years together, but no matter how long they live, it doesn't stop the hurt in our hearts after they are gone. So very sorry. Sending hugs in your grief.

So sorry about Midnight. I am going through the same thing with my feelings about Sport but I have already put in an inquiry about a rescue dog!

DougB
04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Could you paint one of all these dogs playing poker for me?

Villages PL
04-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Finally, the art world is going to the dogs in a good way. ;) I'm going to stop now because I'm dog tired and I'm going to sleep like a dog. ;) Excuse me, but I have to get all these in before someone else does - it's a dog-eat-dog world. Dog-gone-it, this is fun! I just hope it doesn't put me in "the dog house" with dog lovers.

CFrance
04-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Could you paint one of all these dogs playing poker for me?

My dog only plays euchre.:shrug:

CFrance
04-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Finally, the art world is going to the dogs in a good way. ;) I'm going to stop now because I'm dog tired and I'm going to sleep like a dog. ;) Excuse me, but I have to get all these in before someone else does - it's a dog-eat-dog world. Dog-gone-it, this is fun! I just hope it doesn't put me in "the dog house" with dog lovers.
No worries! We're very yappy with your jokes.:laugh:

DougB
04-08-2014, 04:25 PM

I hope all these great dog pictures find "forever homes"!

CFrance
04-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Due to technological difficulties on Bare's computer, I am posting these beautiful pictures for her--her real dogs (plus one over the rainbow bridge), plus the beautiful job Gracie did of painting them. Enjoy!

lovsthosebigdogs
04-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Due to technological difficulties on Bare's computer, I am posting these beautiful pictures for her--her real dogs (plus one over the rainbow bridge), plus the beautiful job Gracie did of painting them. Enjoy!

CFRANCE, Thank you for posting those remarkable pictures. Gracie has done such a fantastic job of capturing the essence of Bare's pups. I love all those paintings. So excited to see them. Just stunning! Beautiful job Gracie. Wow!!! Bow Wow.

Barefoot
04-12-2014, 09:55 AM

Thanks CFrance for posting these pictures.
Gracie has refused to take money for these beautiful paintings which I treasure.

So I am going to make a donation to a non-profit animal sanctuary that receives no public funding at all.
It's the Sanctuary where our TOTV friend, Debfrommaine, volunteers.

Donation information is as follows:
All Creatures Sanctuary Great & Small Inc.
Box 723
Ocklowaha, Florida, 32183
Telephone 352-288-6754

shcisamax
04-12-2014, 11:07 AM
CFrance I am sooo glad you did that. I have been waiting to see more great gracie works.

EnglishJW
04-15-2014, 08:35 AM
I would love to paint

What a gracious offer! If you find yourself with some time, we would love you to paint our 12 year old Yorkie named Riku. Our son, who is now 21, picked out both the breed and the name (from a Japanese anime character). Riku has become our second, more demanding, son.

Sorry but my URLs weren't working so I have attached a few images and added a photo album entitled Riku.

graciegirl
04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
What a gracious offer! If you find yourself with some time, we would love you to paint our 12 year old Yorkie named Riku. Our son, who is now 21, picked out both the breed and the name (from a Japanese anime character). Riku has become our second, more demanding, son.

Sorry but my URLs weren't working so I have attached a few images and added a photo album entitled Riku.

What an adorable dog. I am working on Heidi's picture right now and have decided...............quite selfishly, that I will now do pictures (FREE of course) of any doggies who come to see me and allow me to take their pictures...and so I don't frustrate anyone, and myself, I will limit them to ten and then reextend the invitation. PM me.

Exception? Dogs who have gone across the rainbow bridge.

elizabeth52
04-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Oh how I wish I was close enough to visit! Gracie, you are truly a talented artist! And such a kind person to bring so much joy to others. I am really enjoying all the wonderful pictures that everyone is sharing. Thank you.:mademyday: