PDA

View Full Version : Cuban restaurants in Central Floria?

REDCART
12-27-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm surprised that there aren't more Cuban restaurants in Central Floria. I would have thought by now the migration from Miami-Dade would have been in full swing. Cuban has finally caught on in NYC, and it makes a goooood lunch but like everything goooood, it can't be healthy for you.

efrahin
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen any (we have been here during December) There a couple of dirty places in Ocala which I will not enter. There is one called LATINOS Y PLUS which is somewhat decent in route 27/441 near Ocala from (south to north) they make a semi-decent Cuban sandwhich and a decent cuban esspreso coffee. I carry my own cuban restaurant but she is vacationing with me.

jtdraig
12-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Iin never got into Cuban food until 1994 when we were in St Petersburg where they have a lot of good Cuban restaurants. Recently tried COLOMBIA in St Augustine but we were a little disappointed unfortunately. One day someone will get smart and open a good Cuban restaurant around here and if they are good, will prosper.

efrahin
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
We went to the Columbia en St.Augustine recently and it was dissapointing too. The service is not the best. They are not really cuban, but a mix of spanish cooking (I will not call them cuisine). The only thing good overthere was the CUBAN BREAD, they bring the dough from Tampa and it's one the best thing I have ever taste in bread. The Cuban Sandwich was good but not exceptional.

ConeyIsBabe
02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
OK....... the ONLY thing I miss about living in Miami-Dade for over 40 years is the Cuban food ! Like gryyoung says............... YUMMY .......... but not all that healthy, the way it's prepared.

efrahin
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I will not change my black beans and white rice for anything, (and if you add a good Picadillo with Olives and Raisins and some double fried green plantains) you can offer me in the best restaurant. Besides, black beans are full of proteins (no need to eat meat with all that fat) and since it requires olive oil.... what else can I tell you. I am asking my wife to start a Cuban Restaurant in TV when we move there, but it is a NO GO she will not do it.

dolpterry
03-14-2008, 02:19 AM
:#1:cuban time in belleview near the movie theater,great prices and real cuban cooking.

punkpup
03-14-2008, 03:59 AM
I will not change my black beans and white rice for anything, (and if you add a good Picadillo with Olives and Raisins and some double fried green plantains) you can offer me in the best restaurant. Besides, black beans are full of proteins (no need to eat meat with all that fat) and since it requires olive oil.... what else can I tell you. I am asking my wife to start a Cuban Restaurant in TV when we move there, but it is a NO GO she will not do it.

I'm with you on the arroz con frijoles negros and Picadillo but I'll stick with platanos maduros. Have you ever had the New York version of Picadillo served in a platano maduro like a banana split? It's divine!