PDA

View Full Version : Should pro athletes take paternity leave?

Golfingnut
04-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Should pro athletes take paternity leave? « Hot Air (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/03/should-pro-athletes-take-paternity-leave/)

I vote for what his contract allows.

On the personal Sid, I vote to be there for the wife and the baby.

TheVillageChicken
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM
The author of that piece is asking us to imagine the Washington Redskins playing in the NFC Championship game. My mind cannot conceive such a fantasy.

DaleMN
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Is the Pope allowed a vacation?

redwitch
04-04-2014, 10:13 PM

Yup and does.

billethkid
04-04-2014, 10:38 PM
It is really nobody's business but his. Too bad a reporter looking for his 10 seconds of fame along with the low standard networks that amplify it, had to make up a story.
An employee making a personal decision.....happens everyday at all levels.

2BNTV
04-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Everyone should be allowed the time to be there, for their family, when needed. When Daniel Murphy's sports career is over, he will still have his family. The owners couldn't care less about him and or his family.
BTW - His employee contract allows 3 days for maturnity leave.

I worked for a hard a** boss who thought work, was the only important thing in life, unless he had to tend to his own family. He used to refer to his wife as, "wifey". Oh, how I used to hate that term. It implied she wasn't a living breathing person. What a guy??????

I had to inform my boss, I was allowed 3 days when my sister- in-law passed away as he was totally unaware, of the company policy. What a guy, again!!!

Carl in Tampa
04-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Yes, but presumably it is not paternity leave.

:1rotfl:

Bogie Shooter
04-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Yes, but presumably it is not paternity leave.

:1rotfl:

Carl,,,,,,,,,,,, you had to waiting for that opportunity!:wine:

Cathy H
04-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Professional sports events are entertainment only, plain & simple. The major event for a couple is giving birth to a child and to be offended that our entetainment is interrupted by the personal life of one of the entertainers is the height of stupid selfishness that many fans have in abundance.

OBXNana
04-06-2014, 09:19 AM
It is his personal choice and I applaud him for doing what he felt was best for he and his family. Why is it any different for a male working at Walmart as an hourly employee or a baseball player? Why did the issue get so much attention by the media?

mrbgull
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
First we are human beings, then we are all .........................what ever we choose