PDA

View Full Version : What Insurance Plans does The Villages Hospital Accept?

gfmucci
01-05-2008, 01:16 AM
One local insurance firm told me that The Villages Hospital does not accept Humana health insurance? Is this true? Do you know what insurance plans this hospital does accept?

I have an inquiry in to them and will post the answer when advised.

chuckinca
01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
gf:

Very Good Question!

I am sure many of us need to know the answer.

Hope2b
01-19-2008, 12:38 PM
At a meeting the administrator said they did not take "Tricare Prime" because it is a discount insurance. (Later he said he never said that but I personally heard him) If Humana is a discount--I guess it means does not pay well-then they will not. I did stay in the hospital a couple times because they did take it in an emergency. Anyway they should be able to tell you. I like others like to ask here first. I hate telephones.

gfmucci
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
I don't have an answer yet. I just e-mailed Dale Hocking, Vice President and CFO
at LRMC and TVRH and expect a response by mid-week.

zcaveman
01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
With my health insurance I can go to TVRH at the out of network cost which is 80/20. I think I pay the 20% - not sure. Not cheap.

Whatever you find out, verify if that is in-network or out-of-network. Big cost difference.

TVRH might say they accept your plan but your plan might say different. Check with your health care provider - not TVRH or LRMC or MRMC.

Hope2b
01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Whoa!! I sure hope they take Tricare Prime, that is our only insurance.

Sorry, only for emergencies. They consider Tricare Prime a discount insurance and do not accept it. I was on Tricare Prime for the first 5 years we were here. You have to go to
Waterman or Ocala I think ORMC.

Hope2b
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
So...The Villages Hospital for emergencies, Ocala, etc. for surgery and such, correct? That should work out ok. Thanks hope2b.

That is correct. I have been admitted to TV hospital twice in emergencies with no problem. They do take Tricare standard. I had surgery in Ocala and had good care there too. Only problem I had was got a letter--after surgery--telling me the radiologist did not accept Tricare Prime. DUH are we suppose to check out everyone. Anyway, without much trouble he accepted what they paid. I believe they have gotten that straightened out now.

njgranny
02-01-2008, 01:21 AM
What about regular Medicare?

Skip
02-01-2008, 01:47 AM
The payment they like the best is
CA$H
pre-service too.

Skip

Hope2b
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Hospital takes regular Medicare.

ConeyIsBabe
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know the names of Florida insurance companies who offer health insurance to an individual who is retired and under the age of 50 ? (not me, a family member)

golfnut
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks Skip....never could have....never mind