PDA

View Full Version : Prescription Savings

billethkid
01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Well let's try it this way!!!!!!
To stretch the dollars allowed before going into the part D donut hole we do the following:

for those Rx where there is a generic switch and buy at Walmart paying the cash price (this does not go against Part D)

ask your physician about doubling the dose (like from 20 to 40 mg) then cutting the pills in half....many meds allow this and the savings is substantial.

the remaining challenge is the latest and greatest Rx deemed a necessity by one's physician; these are usually very high priced (thank you US Pharmaceuticals)...shopping various providers seems to be the only alternative.

Are there any other Rx cost saving possibilities to consider???

BTK

villager99
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
while it doesn't do anything to alter going into the part d donut hole i get my generic meds for free by using my part d's preferred mail order pharmacy.

Avista
01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
You might want to try canadadrugs.com

Frangyomory
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
mail order can really result in significant savings. :agree:

Sidney Lanier
02-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I just posted the following on the 'Ambien' thread, then noticed this thread and felt it's worth repeating:

A big thing has been made about Wal-Mart offering generic prescriptions at $4 each. What's NOT publicized is that they have a specific list of generics that they cover at $4. That is, it's not all generics! Before you drop off a prescription for a generic at a Wal-Mart pharmacy, check to be sure it's one that's covered in their $4 list....