PDA

View Full Version : New York Rangers

2BNTV
05-29-2014, 11:37 PM
I'll admit I am not a big hockey fan but when it gets to the playoffs, I have to watch the New York Rangers. The playoffs are played with more intensity and very exciting to watch.

Hats off to The New York Rangers, as the beat the Canadians to earn a trip to The Stanly Cup Championship round. Since it took the 50 years to win the Stanly Cup, and another 20 years to get back to them!!!

Henrik Lundquist made a save, that was spectacular. As they say in hockey, "a standing on his head" type save.

Rangers won 1 - 0.

GO RANGERS!!!!

BTW - Blackhawks or LA?

BarryRX
05-30-2014, 03:44 AM
I haven't followed the Rangers in a few years. Are Andy Bathgate and Gump Worsley still playing? Go Rangers!

Beechie
05-30-2014, 07:17 AM
I haven't followed the Rangers in a few years. Are Andy Bathgate and Gump Worsley still playing? Go Rangers!

Wish that were true as I would be cheering for Frank Mahovlich and Johnny Bower of the Leafs. Congrats to the Rangers on taking out the Habs - our most hated rival.

skyguy79
05-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Blackhawks or LA?Kings all the way! http://cdn.nhle.com/nhl/images/logos/teams/kings_dark_logo.svgz?v=7.31

alanmcdonald
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM
To give you an idea of how long I have followed the Rangers, in the 1060's I was at the OLD Madison Square Garden for the first hockey game ever televised in color. Because they needed such bright lighting at the time for color tv they had to paint the ice light blue to avoid the glare.

BarryRX
05-31-2014, 06:41 PM
To give you an idea of how long I have followed the Rangers, in the 1060's I was at the OLD Madison Square Garden for the first hockey game ever televised in color. Because they needed such bright lighting at the time for color tv they had to paint the ice light blue to avoid the glare.

I too remember watching the Rangers in the old garden. We used to sit in the top tier, and you couldn't see 1/3 of the ice because of the overhang.

BarryRX
05-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Wish that were true as I would be cheering for Frank Mahovlich and Johnny Bower of the Leafs. Congrats to the Rangers on taking out the Habs - our most hated rival.

I know, but Rocket Richard was the best player ever!

Beechie
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
I know, but Rocket Richard was the best player ever!

Arguably perhaps and that pains me to say so. Certainly one of the most explosive in the oppositions end and a prolific scorer. Can be blamed for the Montreal riot in 1955. I was just a baby at that time.

EnglishJW
06-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Rough start for the Rangers but they go still do it. Let's Go Rangers!

BarryRX
06-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Rough start for the Rangers but they go still do it. Let's Go Rangers!

They very easily could've won both games.

2BNTV
06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Two heart wrenching losses, in OT!!! Still great to watch.

Now they have to win four of the next five games, to get "The Stanley Cup"!!!

It will be a tough uphill battle but still hopeful, they can turn it around.

Lundqvist is the key to victory.

Go Rangers!!!!

EnglishJW
06-08-2014, 01:05 PM
They very easily could've won both games.
I agree. By the way, is it for this one: http://www.scienceandentertainmentexchange.org/sites/default/files/Robot%20Gort,%20The%20Day%20the%20Earth%20Stood%20 Still%20(1951).jpg

or this one: http://media.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/titles/the-day-the-earth-stood-still/3062/screenshot-med-01.jpg

CFrance
06-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey you guys, don't give up. They were down three to the Penguins and came back to win. Now the Pens have a new GM and no coach!