PDA

View Full Version : Home Inspectors

SteveZ
02-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Am planning on a home inspection prior a couple months prior to the end of the warranty year. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding inspectors - pro and con?

bsliny
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Steve i would suggest that if all possible be there when the house is inspected
I wasn't when they did mine and they over looked a couple of minor things
But they shouldn't have been overlooked :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

JanetandCarol
02-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Steve, I just had my home (3B/R ranch) inspected by:

A-1 Villages Home Inspections

Pat DeGioia
1447 Greenville Way
The Villages

PH - (352) 751-1075
Cell (352) 205-0180

He lives in the villages and knows how to inspect Villages homes. I recommend him.

JanetandCarol

Ice Cold
03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Its a dog and pony show...
waste of money. they do a little song a dance and give you a big bill. they made stuff up that wasnt true to make me feel like I got a value

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!! >:(

richman
03-05-2008, 01:48 AM
No way you should skip the home inspection. Just get a good one. I see quite a few recommendations on this site. Check out l2ridehd. He seems pretty particular and posted that he just purchased in TV.

al96m
03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Actually had our 3bed/2bath done 2 days ago by National Property Inspections,its a 2 hr inspection from the top of the roof to inside your electrical plugs,a computer readout is given to you with discrepancies,pictures are taken to show the faults ,we had about 5 items to be redone,we brought the list to home warranty and the next day we're getting results.
cost is $250.00
National Property Inspections
352 793-5858

Don't hesitate

SteveZ
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks to all who responded...

Good neighbors are what makes TV such a special place.....

dadspet
03-31-2008, 01:58 PM
al96m
Do you think the thinks they found were more than enough to cover the $250 spent (Which isn't hard with todays labor prices)?
Also were these obvious things one would find themselves with some checking?

chelsea24
03-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Our home inspector was excellent. We never would have found these things ourselves. From a tiny crack or cracks in grouting to loose shingles on the roof, also a hairline crack in our leaded glass door, etc. He was great! I would highly recommended him to anyone. :bigthumbsup: Well worth the price.

JohnM
04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
We also used Pat Degioia, A-1 Villages Home Inspection, 352-205-0180, to inspect our brand new home with the builder prior to closing. I was very pleased with his services. He was thorough (per my subsequent conversation with the builder) and did find a couple of significant items and some minor items which the builder either fixed during the inspection or the next day. I was very pleased with the inspector and the builder. Pat's report arrived within hours of the inspection. For me the peace of mind was well Worth the cost. I plan on having him reinspect about a month before the end of the one year warranty.

CaribbeanAl
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Am planning on a home inspection prior a couple months prior to the end of the warranty year. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding inspectors - pro and con?

I just had Mike, "The Owner",from Precision Home & Property Inspections- 352-742-3222, do an inspection on my house- $220
about 2 1/2 hrs. I found him very thourough & clear. In a new HADLEY Designer. I didn't expect he'd find anything major. However, he pointed out several places where the Tile Joints over Dry Wall had cracked- Certainly a Long Term problem. To me, it paid for the inspection.

Opulence
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Are these individuals available for pre-owned inspections or just new constructioin?

Thanks,
Betty

redwitch
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Most home inspectors are happy to take both new purchases of pre-owned homes or warranty jobs. From what I've seen and heard, most that work in TV do a pretty good job. I know I've been impressed with Pat of A-1 and J.R. of Best. Both are diligent and find both the big and small stuff.