PDA

View Full Version : We all scream for ice cream. What's your favorite place to get ice cream/yogurt?

Taltarzac
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM
What's your favorite place to get ice cream in or near TV?

I may have missed some of these and we have Friendly's coming too.

Love lovehorse Bruster's Real Ice Cream but I live pretty far from 42.

Donna
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Favorite place is Brusters and the flavor is Vanilla..

It's always nice to see Patty too... :bigthumbsup:

The Gray Hog
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Ollie's gets our vote. Fun to see the flavor of the day listed in TV paper daily. Another one of the finer things of living in TV.

Barefoot
02-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Brusters for sure ;D .. John Z even had pumpkin icecream, and Mr. Wallethead loved the key lime.

Dirigo
02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
We are arriving in just over two weeks for our first Lifestyle Preview.

Where in TV can we go to have a sugar-free ice cream treat?

golfnut
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
d lites at Buffalo Ridge (in front of Wal-Mart)....GN

Cassie325
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I love D'lites as well.....THE BEST and Doug and Stacy (owners) and Heather and Kayla (employees) are so sweet!!! They have lines around the whole store in the warmer weather.....they take care of every last person!!

Donna
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Brusters..Love their ice cream..:eclipsee_gold_cup:

JohnZ and Patty are GREAT PEEPS as well...

Barefoot
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Speaking of Brusters and owner (JohnZ), I miss his presence on TOTV. I used to thoroughly enjoy his posts .. always witty and well thought out.

nONIE
02-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Really crazy about De-lites mainly because a cup of icecream is only 4 carbs and I think 60 calories. you cant beat that if your watching the scale and it tastes great too!:coolsmiley:

Dirigo
02-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions...knowing us, we'll try both places more than once on out trip:coolsmiley:

graciegirl
02-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Cincinnati is the food capital of the world and if you don't believe it, take a look at my fanny!

Nothing, in the way of ice cream....compares with United Dairy Farmers and Graeters ice cream. I have not found a favorite but the one with peppermint chunks in it that Graeters makes at Christmastime is close.

Dirigo
02-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Oh yes, is there a TCBY in, or around, TV?

Barefoot
02-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Really crazy about De-lites mainly because a cup of icecream is only 4 carbs and I think 60 calories. you cant beat that if your watching the scale and it tastes great too!:coolsmiley:

I second the De-Lites recommendation. Good ice cream, low in calories and golf cart accessible!

I sure hope the rumours I hear about it closing are wrong!

Patty
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Here's a sample of one of the No Sugar Totally Fat free HomeMade Ice Creams at Bruster's -

NSNF (No Sugar No Fat) Chocolate Raspberry
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (92g)
Servings Per Container
Amount per serving
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0g
0%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Cholesterol 0g
0%
Sodium 85mg
4%
Total Carbohydrate 31g
10%
Dietary Fiber 1g
3%
Sugars 6g
Protein 4g
Vitamin A - 6% Vitamin C - 2%
Calcium - 15% Iron - 0%

KathieI
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Brusters..Love their ice cream..:eclipsee_gold_cup:
JohnZ and Patty are GREAT PEEPS as well...

:agree:Donna, you are so right. Love Brusters and certainly miss JohnZ and Patty.... Where are you guys??? I'm thinking we should have more parties at Brusters for TOTV get togethers!! Last time I went to say hi to Patty, she was elbow deep in making a fresh batch of ice cream. You can't get much better than that!!

chelsea24
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I completely agree with Donna and Kathie on this one. Bruster's is the best ice cream I've ever had. This is real ice cream. Hey JohnZ and Patty where are you two??? :shrug: Busy concocting new flavors? Yummmmmm! I'll be there to try them. ;)

aln
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Back in the Milwaukee area there are custard stands all over town. Leon's Frozen Custard will have lines OUTSIDE even in the winter.

For those of us from that area, custard is probably our favorite therefore

OLLIES !! :eclipsee_gold_cup:

ps; they also have sugar free but com'on. .. ..
that's like diet Coke with your Capt Morgan

duffysmom
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Where is Brusters located??

nancyb
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I love Ollie's! I have been going there since they opened long ago and love the just made Flavor of the Day! My favorite is Mint Oreo, but it's really hard to beat their "Ollie Bar!

Yum Yum

That Kinda made me hungry!:icon_hungry:

:agree:

bobby B
02-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Ollie's has been in The Villages for over 8 years and has the BEST ICE CREAM in the Villages. Their Frozen Custard is made fresh thru-out the day. My favorite has to be their Black Raspberry on Saturday and the Butter Pecan on Sunday. They always offer FREE samples-so try it before you buy it. One taste and I was hooked!!

Russ_Boston
02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Is Kilwins still in SS? I thought that place was excellent.

I also liked Brusters - The brownie sundae was so big we had to share it!

Irish Rover
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Ollies!!!!!!!!!!! Pistacio:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Dirigo
02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Here's a sample of one of the No Sugar Totally Fat free HomeMade Ice Creams at Bruster's -

NSNF (No Sugar No Fat) Chocolate Raspberry
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (92g)
Servings Per Container
Amount per serving
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0g
0%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Cholesterol 0g
0%
Sodium 85mg
4%
Total Carbohydrate 31g
10%
Dietary Fiber 1g
3%
Sugars 6g
Protein 4g
Vitamin A - 6% Vitamin C - 2%
Calcium - 15% Iron - 0%

Thanks Patty...

BarryB
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I haven't had ice cream in quite some time never any place in or around TV. I've always liked Friendly's

Sandy222
02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
D'Lites is great for dieters but also for us lactose intolerant people. What a great place owned by a great family. We love it. So wonderful to hop on our golf cart and go get an ice cream at D'lites....how romantic its our Friday night date.

Big D
02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
We went to Carvel on Sunday evening to get an ice cream, only to find a notice on the door that they went out of business at 6 pm that evening.
There was a couple waiting outside the door, who stated they were regular customers and had the young girl inside call the owners, so they could have one last cone from Carvel. The owners did arrive and told us that they could no longer afford the $4,000 monthly rent, another $4,000 for other expenses, and fees they had to pay to corporate for the ice cream. They just could not sell enough ice cream to stay in business.
What a disappointment!!!!! First Dairy Queen, and now Carvel, which became our favorite ice cream spot. I guess there Buy one , get one free Sundaes and cones did them in.

marianne237
07-19-2009, 12:40 PM
A friend asked where DQ locations were nearby. After checking their main web site, 4 locations are mentioned, but all are closed.

I emailed a note asking them to correct their web site and also what's the possibility of re-opening a location in the area. The note back from them asked if I wanted to purchase a franchise...so, sorry folks, no Dairy Queen opening around here anytime soon.

batman911
07-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Cannot believe Blue Bell is not one of the choices. It is, by far, the very best ice cream made in the USA. Try the Homemade Vanilla that you can get at Publix. Compare it side by side with any other brand. You simply cannot beat natural fresh ingredients. Check out their website.

Hancle704
07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
When & where is Friendly's coming to The Villages? They were rumored to be coming to the former Bono's BBQ on CR 466 but that deal fell through and IHOP moved into that site. Always enjoyed Friendly's ice cream and for now, am happy with Publix Premium Ice Cream.

BobKat1
07-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Is Bruster's still open? We've been there when in TV and it's pretty good. The downside is the location, if you're in the south, and limited, all outside, seating.

You'd think with TV demographics ice cream shops would do well.