PDA

View Full Version : New Tex-Mex Restaurant

gingersmom
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Has anyone tried the new Tex-Mex place, I think it's Amigos, in Spanish Springs?

jtdraig
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Promising! Good food and they are still snapping-in on service. They are overwhelmed right now so I'd wait a week and then give it a shot. Food is good but I only post on restaurants after I've tried it three times.

gingersmom
02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Sounds good! Thanks for the input.

SteveZ
02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Amigo's has been in the Orlando area (4 or 5 sites) for a lot of years. Has been one of our favorites for a long time.

schwarz
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
tried to get in last week...a lot of empty tables and no servers and was told there would be a long wait for food if we sat in the bar. Common mistake by restaurants is opening before they are really ready and this can be a critical error in the Villages.

The Gray Hog
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
We tried to make reservations for last Fri. night and they said, "Resv. for partys of ten or more only." So, since six of us had tickets for an awesome show at the Orange Blossom Oprey at 7:30, we passed this time and went to El's for Mexican food by the p.o. (It was very good, btw.)

normandy
03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
WE EAT AT TEX-MEX A WEEK OR SO AFTER OPENING, 1ST. NITE NO HELP AT THE BAR, SO POOR SERVICE, TO EAT HAD TO WAIT ALMOST A HOURS, NO SERVERS, FOOD OK. EAT THERE AGAIN LAST WEEK, SERVICE AT BAR, FAIR, HAD TO WAIT AGAIN{NO SERVERS}, SERVICE GETTING WORSE, FOOD OK. IT APPEARS THE MANAGEMENT DO NOT KNOW HOE TO RUN A BUSINESS, WON'T GO AGAIN.

Villages Kahuna
03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Like I told one of the corporate types who was attending the opening of the new Steak and Shake on CR 466...the good news about new Villages restaurants is that news travels fast. But the bad news for a new restaurant is the same, news travels fast.

The Buffalo Ridge McDonalds is still suffering because it proved during it's first week that it couldn't handle lunch time crowds without long waits. That's too bad about Amigos. I love Tex-Mex, but I'm going to stay away for a good long time until there's been a demonstrable improvement of the level of service. There are simply too many other opportunities to eat out with excellent service.

By the way, if you haven't tried the new Steak and Shake, they are typically awash with wait staff and grill cooks at peak hours. They not only serve you well-prepared and attractively-plated food, but usually have time for a friendly word, as well.

chuckster
03-31-2008, 01:17 AM
We have been to Amigos 4 times since opening and have had good service and food for a group of 6 - 8 people, all of us enjoyed it. :bigthumbsup: Owner visited our tables on 2 ocassions. Not sure when you had the negative experiences but give it another try. Wife and I ate at the bar one night, good service and food. Also like El Ranchito (new menu). Hate to see negative rumors and lose a good restaurant. Some of the wait staff at Amigos also work at Too Jays on weekends and do an excellent job. Don't let impatience spoil your experience.. :) :)

Duffer
03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
I've been to Amigos 3 times. The first was when they first opened up and I realize the need to perfect the process and they did not have time to do so. The other 2 times was for lunch, once by myself and the other I was accompanied. By the number of staff I would have expected that most of the tables would have been in use. This was not the way it was, in fact most of the table were empty. The service was fair at best but the server was very friendly and that covers a lot of sins for me. The food, I found to be tasteless and not too appealing in appearance. The most flavor of anything on my plate happened to be the iceberg lettuce in the salad with the burrito. If I want good tex-mex food I go elsewhere outside TV. Given the rep of Amigos I had hoped for something better than what they provided..

LovinItAtTheVillages
04-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I've only been there once..and serice was bad, and rude
(and I had out of state guests with me)
But My Uncle goes there every week for a drink and chat with his buddies
My question is......
is it wheel chair accessible?? seems I remember lots of stairs
Uncle just broke leg and will be in wheel chair for 6 weeks or so

Karend17
05-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Went there last night; TERRIBLE service. It was our first time, but the other couple had been there twice before and enjoyed it. However, his meal was lost in the shuffle; the manager finally brought out a taco salad and lots of apologies, but he had ordered FAJITAS! My fajitas were burned, but the other two salad meals were ok. Lots of chips and salsa to keep us happy while waiting much too long for the meals.. Doubt that I will return when we have El Ranchito close by.

Cinco
05-04-2008, 09:52 PM
We've eaten there twice ~ this afternoon being the most recent visit. We tend to eat at "off hours," so the place has not been busy either time. Today, we were there just before 3:00, and the first time was probably around 2:30. Both times, the service was a little slow; but, as another poster stated, we had plenty of chips and salsa (both of which we enjoyed) to keep us busy. Actually, you get two salsas, one red and one green, and we've found mixing a small amount of the green (hot) into the red (mild) makes a tasty dip.

I've had the cheese enchiladas both times and hubby has had enchiladas and tacos. We've been very happy with the food. We absolutely refuse to eat at El Ranchito and have been making several trips a month to Ocala for our Mexican fix. We're thrilled to have Amigo's here!
:bigthumbsup:

villages07
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
4 of us ate there today for lunch...(or early dinner); it was about 2:30 so no too busy. Service was OK but not too busy so didn't matter. I thought the food was pretty tasty...had a shredded beef chimichanga and the beef was delicious. Others in my party also enjoyed their food. Pretty good size helpings, as one expects in Mexican joints. A little pricey by Villages standards...the chimi was 11.50 but good Dos Equiis draft beer for $2...yum